Chapter 4

After days of searching the royals gave up. It was useless. King Butterfly wasn't worried and in fact didnt feel the situation was that bad. The wand worked fine, and he didnt see the big deal about the wand being cleaved.  His wife however hadn't left her room for days. She wasn't afraid, but she was in a daze. It was almost impossible to get two words from her. Her mind was somewhere else, daydreaming on and on. King Butterfly tried to comfort his wife but didnt have any luck. He stopped attempting to make her feel better after the incident.... You see, queen butterfly say on her bed for hours staring at the cleaved wand. She lightly touched the Broken Star, and began tracing the Star with her finger. She counted the edges one by one, deeply focusing on each detail. She then froze when she came to corner number 5. A tear slowly slipped from her eye, and King butterfly walked into the room. When he saw his wife he quickly touched her shoulder and said," it's going to be fine Darling." The queen, quickly stood up and without looking at the king said, " why do you call me darling, this was just arranged, you are nothing to me." And coldly walked away from the king. He didn't try to comfort her again after that.  She mumbled to herself over and over the number of the corners. And she would always freeze at 5. What was so special about 5? Had this counting game been from when she was young. Had she played this game with old friends?  Meanwhile Toffee held his broken green star, he followed the edges with his finger, but counted 6 7 8 9 10. Toffee then looked up and said," do you miss our little game Diamond?" He didn't show any emotion is his expression, it was the same emotionless face. What happens to him to make him so cold?