Chapter 13

Star's wand would soon be repaired soon, and her grandfather would have to give her back the wand. He didn't want to though. He knew Toffee was coming for it, he knew Toffee would become what they framed him to be. There has to be a way he could protect the magic, to protect his grand daughter. Maybe he could use the boy she was with. Yes the innocent boy who didnt envy the power. What if only the boy could control the cleaved star, then Star would be protected, and it would be useless in Toffee's hands. The old man holds the wand close to him and whispers the cleaved power spell," now that you are split apart, you will resemble this one heart, the side you've lost will be controlled, by the boy who's envy didnt show." Star and Marco were still sitting in the snow, and finally Star had calmed down. She turned to Marco and said," why wouldn't my mom tell me?" Marco  sighed, he suddenly got a chill in the palm of his hand but ignored it, he then said," it wasn't your mom's fault Star, she didn't know." Star leaned her head against Marco's shoulder, she then asked " do you really think Toffee's evil?" Marco thought for a second then said," I think Toffee's lost. I think he's at war with himself." Marco then asked," star why did you teach me that counting game?" Star then said," I didn't know my mom learned it from Toffee." Marco then asked," are you worried about the cleaved star?" Star sighed and said," no, I'm just worried about you." Marco then said," why? I'm not Toffee, I'm not a monster." Then Star said," I know, but maybe Toffee wants me to feel the pain he felt, maybe to take revenge on my mother, on the royal family." Star smiled," at least we aren't like Toffee and Diamond." Marco smiled back," y-yeah I guess so." But he worried about what the future would bring. Toffee was unpredictable, and very powerful. Their friendship was strong, but so was Toffee's and Diamonds.  Star and Marco were both shivering in the cold. Marco then said," maybe we should get inside." Star nodded and helped Marco up. Little did they know, everything would be taken from them soon, and there was nothing to stop what was coming....