Chapter 8

Marco laughed as Star copied one of the first memories of them meeting. But something weird happened.... As Star did the spell, the wand sparked streaks of light from the empty half of The cleaved star. Marco quickly jumped out of the way of the powerful streak of light. "STAR WHAT WAS THAT?!!" Star quickly ended the spell. She examined the wand and said," I, I don't know." Marco then looked at the ground whee the streak of light hit, it was completely destroyed. Marco then said," Star, maybe it's best you don't cast another spell until we figure this out. Star then nodded, and said " yy-yeah I guess so." A look of fear and disappointment shot through her eyes. Marco then patted Star on the shoulder, he knew she had waited so long for this wand. He then said," don't worry Star, maybe we can go to another dimension and seal it." Star then purked up, an idea came to her mind. " MARCO YOU'RE A GENIUS, we are gonna visit the dimension of Wands!" She took out her scissors and opened the portal and they both hopped through. It was weird, this dimension wasn't big or filled with people. It was simply a room, with an old man waiting at a table. Star ran to this man and hugged him, it was her grandfather.  "Grandpa!! I'm so happy to see you!" The old man smiled and said," I'm happy to see you too Star, who's this fella, is he your boyfriend?" The old man giggled. Marco immediately said," what no were just friends!" He blushed out of embarrassment. Star giggled and said," grandpa I need your help." He then asked," what's wrong?" Star then showed him her new wand and said," it's leaking power everytime I cast a spell, nothing serious right? Once star spotted the cleaved wand he back away from the table," th-the wand is cleaved?" He said while shaking. No this couldn't happen! Not after all these years! He then said," um, look Star, I can do something to stop the sparks, but ehhh I need you to be really careful. No matter what, I need you to keep this wand away from the other half. It's under protection, locked away right?" Star looked confused," what other half?" Her grandfather then said in a hushed tone to himself," Toffee."