Chapter 17

Star then weakly tried to get up. She was still dizzy and tired. Marco then said," No Star, you need to rest. I... I have to go somewhere..." Star could see the pain in Marco's eyes and quickly asked," what's wrong, where are you going?" Marco didn't answer her, and turned away from her without a word. And as he walked away from her, Star saw the green cleaved Star in his hand. She looked at him in horror and screamed," YOU PROMISED ME! YOU SAID WE WOULDN'T TURN OUT LIKE TOFFEE AND DIAMOND! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Tears shot out of her eyes. Marco looked back at her with tears in his eyes as well. He then said," I'm keeping my promise to protect you, and walked out the door. Star screamed and sobbed, but Glosserick wouldn't let her follow him. She screamed at Glosserick," WHAT'S GOING ON? WHERE IS HE GOING?!" Glosserick sighed and said," we did what we had to do to keep you safe. Star screamed," WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!? Her eyes were filled with fear and horror. Glosserick then said," he was the only one we knew would never hurt you, we needed to get the evil power away from Toffee." Star  sobbed screaming Marco over and over again. "MARCO COME BACK!" She turned back to Glosserick," WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO HIM?!" Glosserick then said," we will lock him away from any form of life to keep everyone safe.. To keep you safe. Everything he touches will die, we had to get this power away from Toffee!" The Glosserick hesitated but said," at the end of tonight the power will completely absorb him and he will die. We couldn't let Toffee keep the evil magic. He would use it to hurt you, besides Toffee can't die, so he would have the power for all eternity. We had to do it Star, We has to protect the royal magic!" Marco knew his destiny to die, the cleaved star gave him infinite knowledge. Yet he accepted his fate, he wanted to protect Star no matter what. Even if it meant losing his own life. He said goodbye to his parents with tears in his eyes, and let the royal knights take him away to Mewnie. Toffee watches this through the window. He watched Star trying to break out of the bathroom while screaming. She understood the pain.