Chapter 16

Marco's Mom rushed to Star's Mirror. She dialled for Star's Parents and quickly shouted through the mirror," YOUR, YOUR DAUGHTERS TURNING GREY!!!" A chill traveled through Diamond, she then screamed," WAKE GLOSSERICK!" Marco's mom shouted to Marco to get Glosserick. Meanwhile Marco was still holding Star in his arms. He was trembling and sobbing. He quickly asked," Star where's your book?" She mumbled," u-under my bed." Marco rushed to grab her book and ran back to Star. He threw the book open and screamed for Glosserick. Glosserick floated into the air and turned to look at Star, he quickly screamed," THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO, THE PERSON WHO POWERS THE CLEAVED STAR IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN STOP THIS." Marco stared wide eyed as his hand began to glow green again, he mumbled," I-it's me." He then said," please, take care of Star for me." He ran out of the house. He could see the green light in the distance and ran towards it. He put out his hand and the star began to float into his hands. The star settled on Marco's hand, and the green light finally stopped spreading. He ran back into the house, and to Star. She was almost completely grey. He put out his hand in her direction, but nothing happened. "WHA-WHAT WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!" Glosserick then said," I don't know!" Marco looked at Star in horror as the grey continued to spread, it was only an inch away from completely covering her. Marco lowered his hand, and sat beside Star. He whispered to himself," I'm so sorry, this is all my fault, please if you have any magic left in you, please be strong, don't leave me alone, please." A tear dripped down Marcos cheek, and suddenly the cleaved star glowed green. The grey stopped spreading, and the green light went back into the cleaved Star like a black hole. Star coughed," M-Marco? What happened." Marco wanted to run to Star, he wanted to hug her so tightly, he wanted to burst into tears. Hut he knew, he knew.... He and Star could never be together again. He was too dangerous, he had to leave. Star would never let him go if she knew he was leaving. He then looked at Star and said," thankyou for being my friend."