Chapter 12

As Toffee Walked around the ghost dimension of Galafamor with the cleaved star secured tightly on his hand. He walked through the the old forest. The trees had been burnt down, but grass began to grow on the land. He walked to where his old home was, nothing but a memory now. He walked to where he buried his friends and family, where he lovingly built a shine. As he wandered, he found himself walking to the hidden dorm. As he looked at the destroyed room, his eyes stood still. The memories flashed in his head again, which seemed to happen more often. And for a brief moment, a single moment of weakness brush across his face, and a tear dripped down his cheek. He snapped out of it, and quickly turned his face to nothing. He mumbled," if you want me to be a monster, ill be a monster." It was time, he knew. The cleaved star wouldn't be stable forever. He didnt want Diamond to be afraid, he wanted her to see what she did to him, to see how she messed him up, to feel guilty for the cruelty she had forced upon him, Toffee was too blind to see it wasn't Diamond at all, it was her family that had wronged him. Diamond of course was convinced all monsters were evil. After all, her last real memory of Toffee was of him holding the wand and casted a freezing cleaving spell, she passed out after that. If only these too could really see, really remember what the other one meant to them. Maybe that's why Toffee was so obsessed with following around Star and Marco. Maybe it was because, because..... he wanted to remember, but he was too stubborn to give in. Toffee liked to think he didnt have a weakness, but deep down, the real Toffee, the old Toffee aches. Maybe this stubborn emotionless Toffee was just a mask. A mask to hide what's deep inside.