An Unwanted Reminder

"So?"
Dean asks, looking straight into Amelia's eyes.

"What?"
She hesitates a little.

"Lia. Don't beat around the bush. What happened? "
Dean asks again, a little impatiently.

"I got betrayed, Dean! By both my best friends!"
She starts sobbing.

"What!"
Dean becomes surprised.

"Yeah! I heard them talking. My so-called boyfriend Shawn pretended to love me! Why? For my best friend Sandra! Maybe to make her jealous! "
She screams.

Dean becomes furious; a lot.
"How dare they! Come on! Let's go and break that bastard's skull! What was the name again?"
He paces fast through the room.

Suddenly Amelia becomes frightened; for Shawn and Sandra. She knows Dean. If anything happens to her, he just can't think rationally.

Dean Winchester is Amelia's childhood friend; more like her brother. His Mom died in a brutal accident. Nobody wants to talk about it. No one also mentions his father. That's an awkward topic.

Mary Winchester, Dean's mother was Mrs. Johnson's close friend. She was a lovely lady. Amelia heard this from her Mom.

Dean was legally adopted by Amelia's parents later as they were the godparents of Mary's child.
From then, both of them played, ate, and lived their lives together. They are still on good terms.

Dean protects Amelia like a very responsible brother. He never wants her to be hurt. Not even a prick of the pin shouldn't make her bleed. It's like his motto.

He is very grateful to Mr. And Mrs. Johnson. They till now, never once behaved like some angry, pathetic step-parents; just as Cinderella had. He calls them Mom and Dad also.
So, Amelia is truly the apple of his eyes.

" Dean! Stop! That's not a solution! "
She stops him by grabbing his arm who is hell-bent on hitting Shawn.
"You don't even know where they are."
She tries to calm him down.
"And his name is Shawn."
She adds.

"Whatever! Do I look like I care?"
He caresses her hair, "I only care about you, Lia."
He looks adorably at her.

Dean is not one of them who acts impulsively. He is a pretty balanced and thoughtful person in life. But Amelia is his great weakness.

"Dean, sit down. Don't do anything that you will regret later."
Amelia says, sitting on her bed.

"What do you want me to do then?
Sit and do nothing? "
He asks.

"I...I am not sure."
She replies, playing with her hair.

"Can I suggest something to you? Only if you promise not to get angry."
He says.

"Okaaayyyy."
Amelia says, extending her words and looking suspiciously at Dean.

"I think you should talk to them first. They should get a chance to explain themselves."
Dean says softly.

"What! Didn't you believe me? I heard them pretty clearly! They betrayed me, Dean!"
She stands abruptly from bed.

"I believe you and you know that. But you would feel guilty after ending everything like that. Am I right? "
He pulls her to sit again.

Amelia stops. She ponders over the suggestion. She also wanted to talk everything over but emotion got the best of her.
"How will I know whether they will make up a story or not?"
She questions him.

"You don't. Let me handle that. You know I am pretty intellectual. "
He says, keeping a smug face.

Amelia rolls her eyes. She hits him on the head.
"No. I don't think so."
She says, having a second thought in her mind,
"Did I even do the right thing? By involving him? "