Mystery Unfolds.....

Robert Fields's P.O.V

The whole house was mourning. Because they had heard the news of Jonny's death. The guards, chefs even the maids; all loved Jonny.

I was devastated. How could this happen? Why did this happen to me?

I have no one left for me now.

I hadn't even gone to see his body yet. How could I do it? How could I see my son lying lifelessly in a coffin?

I looked outside the window. The weather was beautiful. Clear and sunny.
But my life, my house didn't feel beautiful anymore. It looked soulless.

Suddenly someone knocked at the door.

" Come in! "
I said dragging myself from the bed and walking towards the door.

" Mr. Richard Wood has come to meet you, sir."
The housekeeper, Mrs. Victoria Jones spoke softly.
" Should I send him here? "

" Yeah! Do that."
The maid started going after hearing my order.
But I stopped her.

" Are you okay, Mrs. Jones? "
I asked her sadly.

She was like a mother to Jonny. His nanny. This old woman loved him more than her own life.

She looked at me. Tears started brimming in her eyes.
" My little boy is gone. How can I be okay, sir? "
She replied with pure grief and left nodding at me.

After some minutes, Richard entered the room.

I didn't meet him for two months after our last visit when I was drunk. He had some other projects. So, he left for England saying he would fulfill what he wanted. I didn't understand anything then.

I thought he came back now to console me. He knew how much I loved Jonny.

Richard was pretty younger than me. Almost like my younger son. But he could understand me; talk to me professionally and like a mature man. That's why I shared a lot of things with him. He was easy to talk to.
He was very responsive. He became my business associate after his Dad died.
His diligence had always fascinated me.

I looked at him and gestured for him to sit beside me.
" Come here, Richard."

But he didn't sit. He stood a little far, keeping some distance. He also had the face of a winner. He looked happy!

I felt strange. Some ominous feelings crept under my skin. Something was wrong.

" What happened, Richard? "
I asked him suspiciously.

" I did what you wanted! I killed your Son! "
He said in a dark voice.

" What! "
I abruptly stood from the bed.
" What the hell are you talking about? "

I was so surprised. Did he kill my son?
And did he just say I wanted that?

" Why are you getting so surprised? You told me this two months ago. Remember? "
He asked me keeping a sly smile on his mouth.
" Or were you that drunk to remember anything you said? "

I was confused. I shouted at him with anger,
"When did I say something like that? How could I wish my own son's death even if I was drunk to death?"

He shrugged. He freaking shrugged! As if it held no importance!

I moved closer to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt.
" Why heck are you not telling everything properly?"