Tour To The Bitter Past (Part 2)

Sammy's P.O.V:

Finally! It was Sara's marriage day.
Sara was looking way too gorgeous in her bridal outfit. I was the main bridesmaid!

I'd already said Sara about my confession. She was so happy for me! I even started giving tiny bits of hints to Richard. But I guess he didn't understand. Dumbo!

Though I prepared myself that I would accept whatever his answer might be, I intently hoped it would be positive. He even said so many times that he loved me!

I wanted an awesome proposal from Richard. But I guess, he was shy to do things like this.
"So, I must take the lead!"
I was thinking all these and became a smiling mess.

Jonny was waiting at the altar for Sara.
He had a terrible accident the day before marriage. Someone deliberately pushed him from the terrace of his office from behind. But he fortunately survived. Phew!

We didn't know who it was. But we forgot it by blaming one of his jealous colleagues. They did the same before too.

Sara was on the alter now with my would-be brother-in-law. They looked great together.
I was looking for Richard all over the house. But he was nowhere to be seen. I felt so upset.

Sara and Jonny were now taking wedding vows. Then the priest permitted Jonny to kiss the bride.
Yippee! Sara was a married woman now!

Sara threw me her bouquet of beautiful roses. I caught it!
But then Sara came down from the alter hugged me and said,
"I forgot to tell you. Richard had to go to Thailand for some business emergency.
I heard it from Dad. I am so sorry! He didn't even wish me luck! "
Sara whined.

I was thunderstruck! How could he do this to me? I burst into tears. Sara understood and hugged me tightly. She tried to console me.
"Hush! I am so sorry! I wish I could do something. "

Everyone thought I was crying to see my sister getting married and going away from us. But I was more than heartbroken.
Have I lost him forever?

-------------------------------

It'd been three years since Richard left. I couldn't get him over. I tried dating other men, handsome and intelligent, well settled. Neither could they replace him nor they could make a new place in my heart.

It wasn't their fault. I was the one who didn't give them chance to win me over.
I became the obstacle between me and my new life.

Twist did come in my boring life. I still remember the day, so vividly.

It was May 20, 1999. I was lying down on my apartment sofa watching TV, hopelessly.
The doorbell rang in the middle of an interesting part of a movie and I dragged myself from the sofa to the door. I opened the door and got the best shock of my life.

"Richard! "
I kind of screamed.

He looked at me with those beautiful black eyes.
"Hi, there, Sammy boy! "

I hugged him tightly. Maybe he wasn't able to breathe properly. Oh! I missed him so much!

He came and sat on my sofa. He sat silently there. He didn't say anything at all.
I got to see him carefully.

He looked so changed! There was no light on his face. No usual teasing smirk was visible. Something must have happened to him.
"Are you okay? "
I asked him quietly.

He then engulfed me in his masculine hug. It was the second time in a row I was so close to him.
He just cried on my shoulder and said, "I am devastated, Sammy!"

I felt so bad for him. I didn't know how to make him smile or fix this situation.
So I remained quiet and gave him my shoulder to cry on.
I inhaled his manly scent and hugged him closer.