Fake Girlfriend's Real Heartbreak

The beautiful afternoon sun is peeking through the window of Amelia's room.
She is sitting in front of her dressing table, getting ready for another get-together of Shawn's family.

She is slowly brushing her hair, doing makeup; taking time for everything. Because she is doing all these unwillingly.
Amelia doesn't wanna go there. After the last encounter with Shawn, she had made it clear that she won't do this facade for more days or minutes.

But Shawn has requested her, saying it will be the last time. Amelia has no clue how Shawn is gonna end this. But she has believed him and has given him one last chance.

Though she wants to finish this once and for all, she hoped that this fake relationship might turn into a real one day. How foolish the idea is!
But crazy heart! It doesn't learn its lesson properly. It wants to be ready for another painstaking heartbreak.

Amelia looks at the mirror. A pair of pale and empty eyes are looking back at her.
Those eyes are waiting.....waiting for her to laugh soon so that they can also laugh along with her.

Amelia sighs. God knows when she will laugh a hearty laugh again.

----------------------------------------------------

" Thanks! You came! "
Shawn tells Amelia. He looks excited.

Amelia nods silently.
" Why is he looking so excited? "
She thinks.

" Come. Let's meet our parents. "
He guides Amelia by placing a hand on her back.

Amelia becomes irritated as she is unable to figure out Shawn's odd behavior. He is acting like all these are real and they are a truly happy couple.

Shawn's parents welcome her with an open hug. They had experienced such a fearful situation but they aren't showing it at all.
Amelia's parents also exchange greetings.

Amelia isn't liking all these. It's hurting her. If only all these were true! She excuses herself for a drink.

" Please help her, Shawn! "
Shawn's Mom, Veronica Hastings smiles.

" Sure, Mom! "
Shawn follows Amelia.

" You don't have to. I can manage. "
Amelia whispers.

" No worries! I want to! "
He smiles softly.

This boy! He still can make Amelia's heart flutter.

Shawn stands in front of the dinner table and notices the shortage of glasses.
" Wait a minute, Amelia! I am gonna come back! "

He motions for the kitchen. Suddenly his mobile rings. He picks up.
" What's up, Sandra? "

" You want me to come outside now? "
He replies, getting surprised.
" But I am with my family now. Amelia is here too! "

He sighs hearing from the opposite side.
" Okay! Wait. I am coming! "

-----------------------------------------------------

Amelia is impatiently waiting for Shawn. She is repeatedly tapping her foot on the floor and has been sharing an awkward glance with the parents. Shawn's father, Bob Hastings comes toward her.
" Are you feeling bored, honey? Where is Shawn? "

Amelia smiles and promptly says,
" No. Not at all! He has just gone to bring some glasses. "

Bob smiles.
" It looks like you don't want to spend your time with us oldies! You can go and find him! "
He winks at her.

Amelia blushes. She nods silently and follows the path Shawn went. She doesn't find him in the kitchen.
" Where did he go? "
She thinks, looking around.