#26 Didn't damage that shot did I?

I didn't get much sleep last night, I kept replaying her words in my mind. It's one thing believing you're damaged your whole life but hearing those words on the lips of girl you like is another. My insides hurt with a pain stronger than I've ever experienced before. Even she knew I was toxic to her and that's exactly why I need to stay away from her, cut her out of my life. Not that she wants me in her life anyway because I'm so damaged. Jordan returned from the bathroom and spotted me moping around on the bed.

"She probably didn't mean what she said, just doesn't want to admit she's into you because you're out of her league." He threw me my jersey and ushered with his hands for me to get up. 

Reluctantly I pulled myself out of bed and into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror at my reflection. Of course she believes I'm damaged, she's seen sides to me I've never shown anyone, my damaged side. The treehouse. The fight with Alex. Trashing the bathroom. Avoiding her questions. My bruises. Flinching from her touch. 

I splash cold water on my face trying to wash away my thoughts. I shouldn't be hurt when she was only telling her friend the truth. Olivia is the only one who has scraped the surface on how broken I truly am and now she knows I'm damaged. Imagine if she knew the full story of my life, she would be out of here.

"Liam come on, we gotta go." Jordan called from behind the bathroom door. 

I quickly washed myself, brushed my teeth and gave a reassuring nod at my reflection before leaving the bathroom and heading to soccer practice to officially start my detox of Olivia. 

Running off the fuel of coaches multigrain breakfast bars I killed it at soccer practice, really throwing myself into the game and shutting her out of my mind even though she was sitting on the bench pitch side the entire time. It was hard not to look at her but she's made it fully clear that she's too good for me.

When coach blew the final whistle I lingered for a little while by the goal post, praciting neat tricks with the soccer ball. I wanted to give the guys a chance to use the showers before I went in there. I was about to walk off when she approached me.

"Hand me that would you?" She gestured towards the ball I was holding in my arms. She was here as an equipment manager so it was her job to collect the soccer balls at the end of practice.

"This?" I said in calculatingly cold way. 

She nodded her head innocently in reply but I think she could sense my mood was off, she would be a fool not to. I threw the ball a few inches into the air and then collided my foot with it with a full force, shooting right across the pitch in the opposite direction to us. It launched right across the pitch hitting the other goal post. 

Didn't damage that shot did I?

I walked off towards the shower rooms leaving her standing in awe of my foot work, or my foul mood whichever.

***

The music shook the walls, I don't even think it was that loud, just the walls are that thin. I hoped she got the message from our time on the pitch today, she didn't turn up at the diner and I hoped she would swerve the party as well. The room was already crowded and hot, full of dancing, drunken bodies. 

Zak waved a little green bag at me and a smirk grew on my face. Yes. That is exactly what I needed to mellow the fuck out and get Olivia off my mind. A group of us gathered by the open window smoking and breathing out into the fresh air to dispose of the smell from the room.

"Olive's here" Jordan said over the music.

I was beginning to think he was into her more than me. I turned my body fully towards the window, I didn't want to look at her. But Jordan had already stumbled away in her direction. I held off looking at her for as long as physically possible but then I couldn't torture myself any longer.