#53 That's insane.

The sun shone down on the pitch and as I wiped the tiny beads of sweat from my forehead I thought about how well this game was going for me, my teammates were really making sure I had some good opportunities to show my soccer skills to the scout but if I'm being completely honest I'm more interested in impressing Olivia who was watching from the bleachers.

The ball flew past me in a blur of black and white but I chased it down the pitch, tackling my opponent successfully and changing direction with ease. I had players from both teams hot on my trail and with a quick glance around the pitch I could see that Jack was wide open so I tapped my hip discretely to let him know it was coming his way. Then I booted the ball through the air, running as fast as I could to get ahead. As I neared the net Jack scratched his nose and launched the ball back towards me and upon instant I let the tip of my cleat connect with the ball and it went flying into the back of the net winning us the game.

The bleachers came alive with a standing ovation mexican wave and my teammates jumped on my back in celebration of my final score.

"You killed it today!" Jordan said as he grabbed my face with his two hands and planted the sloppiest, wettest kiss on my lips. I laughed and pushed him off me and looked up at the one person I actually wanted to be kissing but she was leaving the stadium to gather in the gym with the rest of the school for the lock in.

"Liam?" Coach waved me over, he was standing with the scout. I thought he would be in a suit or something but he wore a hoodie with the college logo on and adidas joggers. I walked up to them feeling nerves prickling at the back of neck. This was it, my moment of truth.

"Liam this is Julian Ryzen, scouting out potential candidates for Stanford University. I told him you're our star player and I've showed him some video tapes from previous games."

I wiped my hand on my jersey shorts before outstretching to offer a handshake.

"I'm very impressed with your footwork Liam, seems you have a great potential and I feel somewhere like Stanford would be honoured to have a player with your talent. Do you have any interest in the college?"

"Thank you that is really nice to hear, Stanford has always been the goal for me. It would be the dream to attend that university and train from some of the best coaches in the world."

"I see from your file that your grades are looking great, I have a few more schools to attend around state but I do see your value and I strongly feel that if you keep your GPA we can talk more about getting you a full scholarship into the university."

"Wow, that's incredible. Thank you so much."

"I will be in contact in a few weeks to talk further about the next steps." I shook his hands again and bounced off towards the showers feeling extremely pleased with myself.

The boys locker room had thankfully cleared out apart from Jordan who sat on the wooden bench, he practically pounced on me as soon as I walked through the door.

"How did it go?" He said eagerly.

"It went well but he said he has a few more schools to scope out but he'll be in touch."

"That's amazing bro." He slapped my back and my body instantly flinched, he dropped his hand by his side and looked a little guilty but said nothing. "If you don't get the scholarship I'll pay your college tuition, upfront for four years." He said after a few moments of hesitation. I laughed. But then I realized he wasn't joking.

"That's insane." I said shutting down his ridiculous idea.

"Your talent is insane, don't let a small thing like money hold you back. I've already talked it through with my family. It's nothing but pennies to them. Besides you can pay me back then you're a big hot shot soccer player." He spoke with such confidence and it filled my heart with warmth, he was being very serious about this but there was no way I could accept his offer.