#73 That should be me.

"Four tokens please." A man and his son stood before the booth, the child must of only been about six and held himself with such ease. This child was free to bounce around and play. This child wore a genuine smile. This child clung onto his dad's hand like he was the most powerful superhero known to man and would protect him at all costs.

That must be nice.

I handed him the tokens and watched them get lost in the game machines of the arcade. I opened up my phone and my heart sank when I saw there was no messages from Olivia but instead there was a chain from the idiots I call friends.

J: What you doing Liam?

Z: We should do something tonight, dads got the stepmonster round and I really don't want to hear them going at it.

J: Wanna come round mine?

Z: Can Liam and Ben be around each other without fightin?

J: Liam what u doinnnnnn?

I rolled my eyes and started replying back to them.

L: At the arcade.

J: Let us know when you're done, we'll do somethin.

Drumming my fingers on the desk, I watched the time tick down. At ten thirty I was finally allowed to kick out all the gamblers and lock up. I debated messaging my friends but I decided against it because there was only one person I wanted to spend the night with and my heart did somersaults just at the thought of seeing her again.

I knocked on the door and patiently waited her to answer, the butterflies were waking up inside of me and there was a buzz of excitement coursing through my body. The door opened slowly and her friend stood before me, searching my face with a questioning glance. 

"Oh" I said, sounding heavily disappointed.

Tia's eyebrows raised. She didn't step aside and let me though, she just waited for an explanation as to why I was here. I really don't like her.

"Hi. Just came to see Liv." I said, sounding casual and faking my politeness for Olivias sake.

"At 11:30?" She questioned with narrowed eyes.

She thought this was a booty call. I sighed loudly but didn't bother giving her an answer.

"Is she expecting you?" She asked, probably already knowing the answer to that question. 

"She will be once she see's I'm here." I was getting agitated now.

There was a few seconds of silent hesitation. Her dark eyes pierced into my skin, challenging me and I didn't back down. The dark curls that hung loosely by her shoulders bounced every time her head moved, it was distracting but I maintained eye contact. Finally she stepped aside, letting me enter the house.

I wish she didn't.

I walked into the living room to see her lying all over Harris. Together they cuddled up on the sofa like the perfect couple, she rested his head on his shoulder and he looked perfectly relaxed.

You can't blame her Liam, you won't give her the comfort and intimacy without freaking out. Look how easy it is for her to get it somewhere else. She's better off without you.

As soon as she spotted me the guilt washed over her face and she sat up quick, detaching herself from Harris's body but it was too late, the self doubt had already settled in. 

That should be me.

"Liam are you okay?" She asked with a face full of concern. 

Haris stared at me, challenging me for my girl. I could feel it in the tension of the air so I kept my eyes hooked onto his even though deep down I knew he could give her something I never could. Olivia got up out of the seat, putting distance between her and Haris. She gestured for me to follow her out into the kitchen.