CHAPTER 2.

Hey Jeffrey. How was school?" I greeted him as I entered the door. He was sitting at the kitchen table doing his homework I guess. He looked at me with a wide grin and said "Hey Aurora. I am fine...you look tired. There's food in the microwave."

I smiled at him and said "Aww, thank you dearest." I walked to the microwave, took the food out and sat next to Jeffrey. He is such a sweet kid. Sometimes when I am late from work he cooks. He had prepared spaghetti and meatballs. "Hmm...this tastes so good Jeffrey." I told him with my mouth full of food. He looked at me and smiled.

"So, how's school?" I asked him. I really thank God Jeffrey is really good at school. He has never disappointed me in any way. "School is great. I got my report card." He said.

"Okay! Can I see it?" I asked him. He opened his binder and took out a piece of sheet, then gave it to me. I looked at the printed sheet and saw straight A's. I was so proud of my baby brother. Whenever I see his report card, he motivates me to work even harder.

"Wow! Congrats Jeffrey! I am really proud of you." I told him and blew him a kiss. He smiled shyly and said "Thank you sis." We stayed  silent for like a minute then I asked him "Where is mum?"

"She is in her room. I found her looking for the remote. Did you see it anywhere?" He asked me innocently.

"Uh...nope! I didn't see it." I lied to him and took my plate to the sink. I opened the tap and there was no water. "Damn it! I forgot to pay for water." I said. Jeffrey gave me an apologetic look and kept reading his book. I left the plate in the sink and went to my room.

I threw myself in bed. Today was great until Ryan and his friends came to Skylar's coffee shop. Argh! I hate that guy with all of my heart. I have to go to the bar. I am supposed to sing tonight. I normally sing covers though when I get time I write my own songs. Glancing at my broken screen it was almost 7pm. I rushed to the bathroom and showered. Wore my midi leather dress and some ankle boots. I wore red lipstick and let my curls down. I rarely let my hair down. I went to the kitchen and Jeffrey said "I thought you were staying home tonight."

"Nope! I am singing at the bar." I told him. "Oooh. I wish I could go with you but I have a Chemistry test tomorrow morning." He said with a sad face.

"It's okay sweetie. You can come with me on Saturday. I'll be singing with Jordan." I told him. "Okay!" He said and I left. I took a cab to the bar. Skylar has always been my biggest fan ever since high school. She is always there whenever I am performing at any function. I love this girl! She was already at the bar waiting for me. When she saw me she smiled and came to me.

"Omg! Aurora you. look. stunning." Skylar said with emphasis as she hugged me.

"Uh...thanks Sky." I  smiled at her. "You should let your hair down more often." She told me as we entered the bar.

Jordan welcomed us and we sat. Well, Jordan is my pianist and sometimes we sing together whenever he gets some gigs. I was surprised to see the bar was packed tonight. I took a glass of water and Jordan welcomed me to sing. I took the mic from his hands as he sat down and started playing the piano. Tonight  I am doing a cover for Never Break by John Legend.

I am normally shy at the beginning but as I keep singing all the shyness goes away. I started singing and I saw Skylar giving me a thumbs up with a wide smile plastered on her face. I smiled back at her and kept singing. As I was singing, I kept looking at my audience to see if they enjoyed what I was singing. Suddenly my eyes met with Ryan Tyler. He looked straight into my eyes and then whispered something to his friends. I ignored him and kept singing. When I finished the song everyone clapped and stood up. Skylar was so happy.

As I was going to sit I accidentally tripped and fell. Majority said "Oooh!" and few laughed at me. Skylar rushed to me and lifted me up. I felt so embarrassed. "Aurora are you alright?" Skylar asked me with worry. "Yeah! I need to go out now." I told her and we left.

We went outside and Skylar said "I am so sorry Aurora." I looked at her and hugged her then said "It's alright. I am fine." She patted me and said "That performance was so good! I enjoyed every bit of it."

"Aww...thank you Sky." I told her as tears filled my eyes. After a while I went to meet Mikhail, my boss. I found him smoking some cigars. "The performance was great but the fall was not!" He barked at me with his thick Russian accent as I opened the door to his office.

"I-I am so sorry Mikhail. It won't happen again." I said politely. He looked at me then opened his safe and took out some money. He tossed some of it on the table and said "See you on Saturday. No fall this time." I gave him a nod and left.

Skylar was on the phone. When she saw me she mouthed "I need to go home ASAP! Something happened. I'll see you tomorrow."  So, I decided to walk home. As I was walking a car followed me. I got so scared, I don't wanna die or get abducted like in the movies. I can't leave my mum and baby brother. I began running. I ran so fast that I couldn't feel my legs. I turned to see the car still following me. As I kept running I accidentally tripped and fell again. Suddenly the car parked in front of me.