CHAPTER 17.

"Ryan, I am so happy to meet Barbara. She is such a sweet girl." I told him as we drove back to town. "I am glad she met you. Well...no one knows about her. Even my friends." He told me. "Oooh...it's alright. I won't tell anyone about her." I assured him and he kept driving. Suddenly he held my hand and said "I am so glad you're back." I just looked at him and smiled nervously. "Is it okay if we grab something to eat?" He asked me. "Uh...yeah. No problem." I told him.

When we arrived in town. He drove straight to VegaFast. They have the best burgers in the world. We ordered burgers and fries. I really enjoyed the food. "Here, you have some mayonnaise on your lips." He suddenly told me as he brushed my lips with his thumb and then licked it. "Uh...thank you." I said shyly and he smirked at me.

"Tomorrow my family is hosting an event at my house. You should come." He told me. I swallowed my food and said "I don't think that's a good idea." "Why? Please come. It's gonna be fun with you around." He said. "Er...I don't think your mum likes me. She won't be pleased with my presence." I told him. He seemed a bit sad. He looked at me and said "I am the one inviting you not her." "Well...I don't know." I told him and he frowned.

He drove me to my apartment and said "I hope I'll see you tomorrow night. Have a good sleep." He left. What is wrong with this man? Can't he see that I won't be going. My phone rang and Skylar was calling me. "Hey girllll.." I said to her as I answered my phone. "Hey sweetie...I am so sorry I left you alone during our brunch." She apologized. "It's okay. Don't worry about it." I told her. "So, what did you do after I left you?" She asked. "Uh...nothing much. I just tried writing a song." I lied to her. "Yaaas! That's my girl. I believe it's a banger." She told me. "Yeah." I said then we stayed silent for a while.

"Tomorrow night there will be an event at your boyfriend's house and my parents are making me go with them. Please come!" She suddenly said. "My boyfriend? I don't have any." I told her. "C'mon! I know you and Ryan like each other. So, he is your boyfriend." She said. "Haha..Sky you're so funny." I told her sarcastically. "I am not. Well, are you coming?" She asked me. "Uh...I told Ryan I wasn't going." I said to her. "Wow! He already asked you to go with him. Aww...that's sweet. May I know why you're not going?" She asked with a serious tone. "You know his mother doesn't like me. I am sure she won't be happy seeing me there." I told her. "Uh, first of all it's Ryan who invited you and not his mother. And second you're going to the event. I'll come pick you up after work tomorrow and we will go buy some dresses. We have to look beautiful." She said. "Sky-" "Nope! End of discussion. Have a good night babe and enjoy your sleep. Love you!" She cut me off before I finished my sentence and then hung up.

                                                               ***

The next day Skylar and I went shopping. We really got ourselves some nice dresses. I tried my best to buy a dress that wasn't too expensive. It was simple but classic. "We are going to look so beautiful tonight. I can't wait to do your makeup." Skylar said as we finished our shopping. I gave her an innocent smile.

We went to her place and started dressing up. I wore a beautiful red dress with a slit. My cleavage was showing but I didn't give a damn and my makeup was simple yet classy. Skylar wore a beautiful long sleeve floral dress with a deep V neck and a long slit. She looked so beautiful. "Omg! Skylar, you look stunning." I honestly told her. "Not as stunning as you love. When Ryan sees you in that dress. He will think of undressing you right there!" She said and winked at me. "Sky! Stop saying that." I scolded her but she kept teasing me. "Okay! Okay! I am so sorry. We have to go now. We are behind time." She told me and we left immediately.

We arrived at Tyler's. Wow! I have never seen such a big house. I guess their living room is like my whole apartment. The house was so big and it made me scared of getting lost. "Wow! This house is so big." I said. "They have like 20 of these." Skylar told me as we dropped out of the car and the valet took it. Of course! They are rich Aurora. The house was full of people. And I saw some celebrities. I have never seen any celebrity in real life but tonight I got to see many of them.

"Come! Let's get some drinks first." Skylar told me. I tried Montrachet for the first time. I hear it's among the most expensive wines. Skylar kept introducing me to some people. It seems like everyone knows her. "Wow! I didn't know my best friend was this famous." I told her. She laughed and said "No! I only meet them at events like this." I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Aurora! You came." I heard Ryan saying behind me. I turned and I couldn't believe my eyes. He was looking so handsome in his tuxedo. His hair was well combed and I could still smell his aftershave. When our eyes met it's like the world stopped for a moment. "Y-You're beautiful and I can't help thinking of doing things to you." He told me with a smile. Skylar said "Wow! You guys are cute. I am going to look for my man." She left us. I didn't know what to say. I ended up saying "You look handsome." He blushed. I made Ryan Tyler blush! He cleared his throat and said " Thank you." I smiled.

So, what is this event all about?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Uh...it's sort of a charity event. My parents normally do this yearly." He told me. "Oooh...okay." I told him. "C'mon...I wanna show you something." He told me and we left the event. We went to a very beautiful garden with bright lights. The place was quiet and peaceful. "Wow! This place is beautiful and your house is really big." I told him. "Yeah, my mum loves mansions." He said and looked at me. This time he came close to me and my heart started pounding so fast. He cleared his throat and said "Red was never my favorite color but ever since I saw you in red. I think it is becoming my favorite." I blushed at his compliment. It felt so good to be this close to Ryan. I feel like...I feel like I am safe with him. The person who I used to despise my whole life now I feel safe when I am with him. I must be losing my mind.