CHAPTER 4.

It has been a week since I sprained my ankle. I am fine now. I was walking home and I found myself stopping at one of Eleanor's boutiques. Eleanor Tyler a mother, a wife and the most fashionable woman in town. She is well known for her clothing line business. She has several boutiques in the country. Almost all female celebrities buy clothes from her.

I entered the boutique and saw very beautiful dresses. There was this beautiful turquoise dress that caught my attention. I touched it and closed my eyes then imagined myself in it. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me saying "You can't afford it. Just leave the boutique." I opened my eyes and turned around to see who it was. It was Eleanor. She looked so beautiful. She wore a beautiful midi peach dress with white heels. Her makeup was good and her blonde hair was straight with curls at the ends.

"I...I-I.." I tried saying something but I couldn't construct a sentence. So, I turned to leave. As I approached the door I heard Eleanor saying "Hey! Hey! Wait." I stopped and turned to look at her. She walked towards me while crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Aren't you Scarlet's kid?" She asked me when she approached me.

"I-I..am." I told her. "Oooh..okay. You need to wash your hair. It smells dear." She told me with a smirk. But I just washed it yesterday. I touched my hair and tried smelling it. "You may leave now before you start stealing like your mother." She said and left. I stood there confused. Was my mother a thief?

I walked out of the boutique with so many questions in my head. Today is my day off at Skylar's but I miss her so I decided to see her. I went to the shop and there were few people. I went straight to Skylar's office and knocked. I only heard a sad song playing. I knocked again but no response. I opened the door and I found Skylar sitting down with a chocolate bar in her hand crying.

"Sky? What's wrong?" I asked her as I sat next to her. She exhaled then said "He left me! He fucking left me after 3 years and guess what? He asked me not to change my password on Netflix. He is fucking crazy."

"Oooh Sky. I am so sorry sweetie. You deserve someone better." I told her and she wiped her tears. "Yeah! I deserve someone better than that jerk. He was only using me. I can't sit here and cry over him. I need to go out. No, we need to go out." She said and stood up.

"No! No! No! I can't go out, you know." I told her. "Please Aurora, please go out with me." She begged me. I couldn't say no to those puppy eyes. I found myself saying "Okay...I will go with you but only for one hour."

"Please make it two. Please Aurora." She begged me again. "Okay! Okay!" I told her and she was so excited. We went to her place and changed. Skylar was really good at doing makeup. She always does her own makeup. "You need to put this on." She gave me a very short round dress. It was red. "No Sky! That's really short." I told her.

"C'mon!" She said, I shook my head. "Okay! You'll put on some stockings." She told me. The dress was very beautiful but short. So, I wore some stockings. Skylar insisted on doing makeup on me. "You should let your hair down." She told me as she finished applying some lipstick on me.

"Uh...Sky is my hair smelling?" I asked her after remembering what Eleanor said at the boutique. "No! Not at all. Why are you asking?" She asked. "Um, I don't know. I just thought it smelled." I lied to her. "It doesn't smell. C'mon! Let's leave now." She said.

We drove to City Nights. We entered the club and all eyes were on us. I prayed not to fall. We walked straight to the counter and we were greeted by a bartender "Hey pretty ladies. What can I get you?" I looked at Skylar and she said "Uh...I will have a glass of bourbon." "And you miss?" The bartender asked me.

I don't drink. I opened my mouth to say something then Skylar said "She will have a Bloody Mary cocktail." "No Sky! I am not having that. You know I don't drink." I whispered to her. "Only one glass Aurora." She told me. The bartender brought our drinks and we took them. Actually the cocktail wasn't that bad. As we were drinking and talking someone behind us said "Hey! You're the girl who sings at that bar."

"Yes! She is the one. You want her to sing for you. Right?" Skylar asked the guy who was behind us. "Sky stop it!" I told her. The guy said "Yeah! It's an open mic night."

"Aurora please go on that stage and sing." Skylar told me. "No! I can't." I told her. "If I had your voice. I could sing everywhere." She said then I heard someone at the stage saying "We are so lucky to have Aurora in this club tonight.  Aurora wherever you are please come on the stage and give us a song. You really know how to sing." People cheered and I got so scared.

"Just go on stage girl. You'll get a song  when you're up there." Skylar told me. I got up and went on stage. Everyone seemed excited to hear me sing. Don't start now, by Dua Lipa crossed my mind. I started singing it...at first people seemed to lose interest until when the background music started playing, everyone's attention turned to me. I closed my eyes and sang the song from my heart. When I opened them I met with Ryan's eyes. Everyone clapped and cheered for me but Ryan kept staring at me. I got off the stage and went to Skylar.

"Omg! That performance was heavenly sweets." Skylar said as she hugged me and kissed my cheek. "Thank you Sky." I told her with a wide smile. "Wow! I have never seen you sing like that. What got into you?" She asked me.
"I really don't know. Maybe it's the cocktail. Sky, I need to use the washroom." I told her and left. When I finished using the washroom as I was washing my hands a mid-aged woman came to me and said "Kid, that performance was glamorous. If you have your own songs and you want to record them. Here is my business card." She gave me the card and left. Isn't that Sandy Barton ? I looked at the card and it said RetroMix Records. I can't believe Sandy Barton gave me her business card. I was so excited about it.

I wanted to share the good news with Skylar so I rushed out of the washroom. On my way I met with Ryan face to face. He looked at me and cleared his throat then said "I see your ankle is fine now." "Y-Yes." I told him. "Y-You l-look so-stunning tonight." He stammered. I can't believe those words are coming from Ryan Tyler. "Thank you." I told him and was about to walk away. He swirled his wheelchair around me and said "Your performance was very consummate....and red looks good on you."