CHAPTER 12.

Six months later.

I mourned for my mum for six months and it was time to move on. So, me and Jeffrey moved to another town which was really far from where we were staying. I just wanted us to start afresh. As we were moving I packed my mum's things and I found a picture of her and Tyler. I didn't understand why my mum was with Tyler?

Jeffrey was now back on his feet. After mum died he started drinking, using drugs and stopped going to school. As a sister I was so hard on him. I didn't want him to end up like our mum. So, I did everything I could to make sure he stops doing all that shit. When we moved, he went back to school and now he is graduating from high school. I miss Skylar. I wish I could tell her where I was but I don't want her or Ryan to find me.

This town is really good. People here are so kind and they treat everyone equally. I think I can finally live in peace. I saw Jeffrey going to get his certificate. I took my phone out and took a photo of him. I was so proud of him. I stood up and went to give him a hug. "I am so proud of you sweetie. I am sure she is proud of you too." I told him as we hugged tight. "Thank you sis. I couldn't do it without you." He told me. I found myself crying. "Hey! It's my graduation day and we are supposed to celebrate. Please don't cry." Jeffrey begged me. I wiped my tears and said "Yeah! It's true. I am sorry."

I took him out for a special dinner. It was just the two of us but it was great. We talked about many things and laughed. Then suddenly he said "I have an idea." "Um...what is it?" I asked him. "Uh...I am not sure if you'll like it." He said. "C'mon, please tell me." I begged him. "I was thinking we should open an art gallery and showcase mum's art or even sell it. People should know how talented she was." He said. I took a sip of my drink and then said "Uh...I think that's a brilliant idea! I always thought of that but I thought you wouldn't like it." "I like it! Please let's do it." He said. I smiled at him and said "Yes! Let's do it." We made a toast to the new gallery and then went back home.

The rest of the night we watched Netflix and played some games then went to bed. The next day we started looking for a place where we could open a gallery. I thank God Jeffrey made a couple of friends and one of his friends, Crystal, helped us to get a place. "Wow! I think this place is perfect." Jeffrey said. "Yeah! It is." I told him. I was now working as a Personal Assistant in a construction company. The pay wasn't that good but I could save some money. So, we used it to make some renovations.

                                            ***

"Wow! Everything looks perfect, Aurora. I wish she could be here." Jeffrey told me after we finished setting everything for the showcase. "Yeah! Everything is perfect. C'mon! let's go change. The guest will start arriving soon." I told him and we left.

I wore my dainty maxi mermaid dress and Jeffrey wore his tuxedo. We called Uber and went to the gallery. I couldn't believe my eyes. There were so many people already. Everyone greeted us when we arrived. I am so glad Jeffrey was there to help me with everything. It was a special night for our mum. So, I entertained our guests by singing. I haven't sang in a long time. The song was special for mum. I really tried my best to sing without crying. After the song everyone seemed touched.

Jeffrey came to me and said "Well...we got our first buyer but he likes to stay anonymous." He told the amount of money that the buyer gave and my jaws dropped. It was a lot of money. I was so happy and I am sure my mum would feel the same. The night was perfect. I saw Jeffrey and Crystal talking and laughing together. I am happy that he is now meeting new people and making friends. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me saying "You look gorgeous in that dress." I turned to find the most handsome man in a tuxedo sitting in a wheelchair. "Ryan! What are you doing here?" I asked him, shocked. It felt like a dream. I never thought he would find me but he did because he is Ryan Tyler! After six months he still looked more handsome.

"Thanks to your brother for posting this showcase on Instagram. I saw it and I came. Guess what? I found you!" He said with a wide grin on his face. "It's you! Right?" I asked him. He looked confused. "What are you talking about?" He asked me with a confused look. "It's you who bought my mum's art?" I asked him. He gave me a polite smile. "Ryan, that's a lot of money you know." I told him. "Yeah but I really like that art and it's worth it." He said. I have never seen Ryan like this. I didn't even know he was into art. Do I even know anything about him? I sighed and said "Thank you." He smiled and winked at me. I blushed. I completely blushed.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Suddenly Jeffrey asked, then he looked at Ryan. "What is he doing here?" "Uh...you posted this whole thing on your Instagram and he saw it then he came." I explained it to him. He looked really pissed. I don't know what Ryan ever do to him. "Was it you who bought that art?" He was now asking Ryan. "Yeah, I bought it." Ryan told him. "We don't need your money. You only bought it out of pity. You can go shove your money in your ass!" Jeffrey told Ryan harshly. "Jeffrey! Mind your language! You can't say that to him!"I told him furiously. He looked at me and left angrily.

"Ryan...I am so sorry about my brother. He is-   "It's alright. Don't worry about it." He told me politely before I finished my sentence. I felt really bad. It was time for me to say something to the guests. So, I went and took the mic then said "Thank you everyone for coming here tonight. Me and my brother really appreciate your love and support. Thank you for buying the art. I am so sure wherever she is right now she is smiling. Well...the money we received, we are going to use it to open a rehab center. We want to help people who are addicted to drugs.Thank you so much." Everyone clapped and cheered.

"I am so proud of you." Ryan told me. I smiled at him shyly and said "Thank you so much."