CHAPTER 5.

I can't believe Ryan Tyler told me that! He thinks I look good? Hmmm....that's crazy. Where the hell did Skylar go? I leave for five minutes and she is gone. I hope she is safe. I reached for my broken phone and called Skylar.

"Hello." She said when she picked up. "Where are you?" I asked her. She breathed heavily and said "Um, something came up. I had to rush but I am...totally fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked her. She smacked her lips and said "Yeah!I am...sorry I left you." "Uh..it's okay. I have some good news for you but I guess I'll share it with you tomorrow. Have a good night." I told her and hung up.

The club was getting boring and a lot of people had left. So, I decided to take an Uber home. At home I found Jeffrey playing some video games. "Hey buddy." I said to him as I sat down next to him. "Hey Aurora. Um, your video is trending on YouTube." He told me.

"Video? What video?" I asked him, shocked. Did I like to do something crazy and it went viral? Oh God! I felt like puking. "The one you were singing at City Nights." He said. "Oooh...really?" I asked him because I think he is joking. "Yup!" He assured me.

"Well, I...I might have bumped into Sandy Barton tonight." I told him. "Wow! Really? Like Sandy Barton from MetroMix Records?" He asked me. "Yes! Yes! Sandy Barton from MetroMix Record." I told him excitedly. He threw his arms around me and hugged me so tight. "S-She gave me her business card." I said. "Aurora! I am so happy to hear that. I believe this is your chance to let people know you." He told me. I broke from the hug and looked at him, then smiled and asked "Do you wanna go for ice cream?"

"Yeah, I do!" He said happily and we left the house. I took him to the nearby ice cream parlor. We bought our ice creams and walked home. I didn't think it was a big deal to buy Jeffrey ice cream. He was so happy and he really appreciated it. That's how my night ended. Me with my baby brother walking home with ice creams in our hands.

                                         ***

The next morning I woke up so late. Glancing at my broken phone screen it was almost 8am. I rushed to the bathroom, did my morning routine and left my room. Surprisingly I found my mum painting. I haven't seen her doing that in a very very long time. She looked at me and saw my surprised face. She smiled and asked "What's so surprising?" "I....I-you..you're painting." I said.

"Yeah! I am. There's breakfast on the table." She said and continued stroking her brush on the canvas. I was so surprised. I don't remember the last time my mum made me breakfast. What's really happening to her? For how long has she been sober? I took some waffles and a glass of milk then left. I kept thinking of what happened this morning until I bumped into someone. "Damn it! Watch where you are going young lady." A woman said to me. I lifted my head up to see who it was. Eleanor Tyler.

"I...I-am so sorry ma'am." I said to her. "Oh! It's you. Scarlet's kid or Fatty?" She asked with a false smile. "My name is Aurora!" I told her angrily and tried walking away. She pulled me forcefully and said "You better watch your tone Fatty. Nobody talks to me like that!"

Suddenly the door at Eleanor's boutique opened and Ryan came out. "Mum! What's going on?" He asked, looking at his mum. Eleanor looked so uncomfortable in front of her son. She looked at me and said "Nothing! It's just this Fat-I mean girl who was apologizing to me after bumping into me." Ryan gave her a nod and she walked in the boutique.

"Uh..are you alright?" He asked me. "Yeah, I am good. I have to go. Excuse me." I said that and rushed to Skylar's coffee shop.

I found Skylar busy on her phone. She was texting and smiling at the same time. I cleared my throat and said "Hey Sky!" "Oh! Hey Aurora. How are you?" She asked me with a huge grin on her face. "Uh...I am good. Well, you seem happy. What happened last night?" I asked her. She sighed then said "Nothing! Nothing happened."

"Hmm...okay." I told her. "So...what was the good news you wanted to share with me last night?" She asked me. "Ooh, um...last night when I went to the washroom I kinda of bumped into Sandy Barton-

Before I finished my statement Skylar was screaming loudly then she squeezed me into a tight hug. "Sky...I-I..c-can't breath." I told her as I gasped for air. "Oh My God! Aurora I am so happy for you. So, what did she tell you?" She asked me after breaking the tight hug.

"Um...she said if I have songs and I wanna record I can check them then she gave me her business card." I told her. "Wow! Wow! Uh...you can start with that song you wrote last summer." She told me. Well, last summer I wrote a couple of songs and I don't really remember them.

"What song?" I asked her. "Say It To Me Softly. Those lyrics were the best." She told me and gave me a wink. I smiled at her shyly and suddenly the door opened. Ryan and his friends walked in. Ryan looked me straight into my eyes and roared angrily "Three Mochas now!" and they went to sit down. What is wrong with this guy? One time he is acting all sweet and kind and the next time he is like an animal.

I made the Mochas and took them to where they were sitting. Scott looked at me and said "I have never seen a shitty performance like the one you did at City Nights. You try so hard but you'll never reach the top. You're just a poor Fatty girl who is meant to work in the coffee shop forever, haha" Everyone laughed, even Ryan who said my performance was consummate. That really broke my heart. I ran out of the restaurant crying and I accidentally bumped into Theodore. I think today is a bumpy day because I keep bumping into people.

"Aurora! Are you alright? Why are you crying? What happened to you?" He asked me a series of questions. I didn't even know what to tell him. I kept sobbing even harder. He hugged me until I stopped crying. He lifted my face and asked "Do you wanna get out of here?" I looked at him and gave him a nod. We walked to his car and he opened the passenger door for me.

Wheel You Marry Me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें