CHAPTER 7.

Mum, what are you doing here?" Ryan asked his mum as she approached us. "I came looking for you. I was so worried about you." Eleanor told her son. "I told you, I can take care of myself!" Ryan said angrily. It was now getting awkward for me. So, I told them I was going home.

"No! Not so quick dear." Eleanor told me with a false grin as I was about to walk away. "What do you want Eleanor?" I asked and faced her. She was  now getting on my nerves. She looked at Ryan and then said "I don't know what you were talking about with my son but I don't want you close to him anymore." "Mum! Why are you always rude?" Ryan shouted at her. She gave him this weird look and turned her attention to me. "Alright! Don't worry about it." I told her and left.

At home everyone was asleep. I got in my room and threw myself in bed. At 7am sharp my alarm went on. I got up, went to the bathroom and showered. I decided to wear a denim dress with sneakers. I tied my curls into a high ponytail and put on my maroon lipstick.

"Morning sweetie." My mum greeted me as I walked in the kitchen. She was reading a book with a cup of coffee in her hand. I have never seen my mum reading any sort of book. I smiled at her and said "Good morning mum." "Aww..I like your dress." She told me. I looked at my dress and smiled then said "Thank you. I am glad you like it." I took some milk from the fridge and made myself a bowl of cereal. I ate in silence while looking at my mum. Afterwards, I left and went to the shop.

"Good morning Aurora. What happened to you yesterday? You left so quickly." Skylar asked me. "Um, good morning to you too. I left because Scott said something hurtful to me." I told her. "Oh! Aurora. I am so sorry. Don't listen to anything he says to you. He is just stupid." She told me and I just nodded my head. It was really a busy morning. The shop was packed with a lot of people. I had a lot of orders and Kim called in sick today. So, I was all by myself.

"Aurora, you need to get a break. I'll take it from here." Skylar told me. "No! No! It's alright. I can do it." I told her but she kept insisting that I should get a break. "Fine! I'll go on a break." I told her. On my breaks I usually go to Mrs. Stevenson's house.

Mrs. Stevenson is an old lady who lives close to the shop. She is staying alone with her cat. She has eye problems. So, she can't see that well. I normally help her empty the trash, clean her house and feed her cat. I walked to her house and she was sitting on the porch.

"Hello Mrs. Stevenson." I greeted her. She was searching for the person who greeted her. I reached for her hand and held her. "It's me Aurora." I told her. "Ooh! It's you sweetie. How are you?" She asked me with a smile on her face. "I am good. I came to empty your trash." I told her. "Um, my grandson did it already. Thank you." She told me. Well, I didn't know if Mrs. Stevenson had a grandson. I always thought she was alone since there was no one who came to visit her. "And he is coming to get me. I am moving to another place." She whispered to me.

"Ooh. Really?" I asked her. "Yeah. I think he is on his way." She told me. If it's true. I am really glad she is moving. I hope her grandson could move her earlier than this. She suddenly held my hand and said "I need some water." I got up and went to the kitchen. It's true she was moving out. I found all her things packed in boxes. I got water and took it to her. I was surprised to see Ryan. Is Ryan the grandson she was talking about?

I could say Ryan was as surprised as me. He looked at me and asked "What are you doing here?" I tried constructing a sentence but words couldn't come out. I don't know what the Tylers do to me. I am always speechless when they ask me questions. "Oooh! Ryan...that's Aurora. The girl I  have been telling you about." Mrs. Stevenson said. What did Mrs. Stevenson tell him about me?

The driver carried the boxes to the car and another truck came to get the rest of Mrs. Stevenson's belongings. "Um, thank you for taking care of my grandma for all that time." Ryan told me as they were about to leave. "I-It's okay. No problem. How is she your grandma?" I had to ask. "Uh...she is my mum's mother but my mum kept her a secret until last month when I got to know about her. I told you, my family is full of secrets." He said with sadness in his eyes. "I am sorry to hear that but you have a really wonderful grandma." I told him and he smiled then left. I think he should smile more often.

I went back to the shop and found Skylar and Douglas talking and laughing together. They seemed really happy. I think there is something going on between them. "Ooh, Aurora. You're back!" Skylar said when she saw me. "Yeah!" I told her. Douglas looked at me and said "Hey Aurora." Does he know my name? Wow! I am so surprised that he called me by my name. "Hey Douglas." I greeted him and he smiled shyly. I walked past them and got my bag then left. My shift was done anyway.

As I was walking out Scott bumped into me purposely "Watch where you are going Fatty!" He roared at me. "You're the one that bumped me!" I yelled at him. He was so surprised. It was the first time I raised my voice at him and it felt so good. "And my name is A.U.R.O.R.A that's Aurora!" I told him. He stopped then looked at me and said "I hate you!" "Why do you hate me so much? What did I do that really makes you to hate me?" I asked him. "You're trying to steal my best friend! All he does is talk about you every single fucking day!" He yelled then left and banged the door behind him.