Chapter nine

Emma POV

"Stop it!" I glared at him

The nerve of this man to touch me, he think I did not noticed how he move closer to me and he's arms and hand keep brushing on me.

"What?" He asked me innocently...

"Your hands and please keep distance, your too close!"

"But I need to get close to you so you can wrap the bandage properly in my body!"

"Urg! Your so annoying!" I said then decided to continue changing his bandage.

Someone knock on the door and enter Daniel. He walked towards us and greeted Xavier

"Emma I will talked to you after this? !" He asked me then turn once again to Xavier.

"You know each other?" Xavier asked.

"Yup! I her sister doctor. By the way hands off to Emma he's allergic to Playboy like you!" Daniel said while chuckled silently. Then he put his hand on my shoulder  "I can help with that!" He said to Emma.

"Thank you Daniel. Never mind I got this!" I said then I turn my attention back to Xavier wounds.

"Stop touching her Dan!!" Then he swatted Daniel hand on my shoulder.

"Woah! Calm down there! Are you both?" Daniel wiggle his eyebrow together like employing something.

"Of course!" I said

"Yes!" Xavier said. And we said it together. I glared at Xavier whose just looking non challant. Last thing I want to do is to be entangled with this guy.

Thank God I finished then I turn my attention to Daniel.

"So let's go!" I said to Daniel. Then turn Xavier

"Eat your food Xavier ok? You need properly eat so you can recover fastly. " But before I could turn my back at him ready to go outside with Daniel. He grab my wrist and kiss the back of my hand.

"Take care babe!"he said while he wink at me.

I furrowed looking at him and I just let it be. I don't have time with his children tactics. I wanted to outside fastly so I can discuss Daniel about my sister!

When we reached outside Daniel giggle over me. I raised my eyebrows looking at him

"I swear! Your going to have hard time dealing with that man!" He said.

"Can we stop talking about him. I am already stress talking to him don't add it. So what about my sister!" I said impatiently

"It's regarding your sister operation please can we do it this week? She's getting weaker everyday. I know when she's with you she's faking it. She try to show to you that she's not in pain. But as her doctor I can clearly see she's trying to hard not to worry you!" My heart shudder at that moment. My God where can I get a money in this instant. Just the thought my sister is trying her best to conceal what she truly feels makes my heart break. I am such a weak sister.

After the talked with Daniel I went to my duties. But my mind is still keep on my sister condition. I hate it when she suffered, it's ok if it's me. I can take it all not my sister she's the only family I had. I could exchange my life to her .

*************

Morning comes and I again heading to Xavier room. Haizt how I wish he will behave today. Because I am not in the mood for his game. I knock on the door and I slowly enter. I find Xavier eating his breakfast in his bed.

"Good morning! I am thankful you eat your breakfast this early. Please keep it up. You will recovery fastly with that. I will proceed to check your wound! How do you feel today? I asked him

"I am ok! I don't feel pain anymore. When will I discharge? It's boring here!" He said whining.

"Your not the only one. Most of the patients reacted like that! Maybe two days from now. I can discharge you then you can continue to rest in your house!"I said. It's a miracle we had normal conversation now . Strange!

"I talked to Daniel last night. He came to visit to me. He told me about your sister! " He said softly I knitted my eyebrow cause of confusion. Why would he interested in that?

"It has nothing to do with you! Kindly seat properly I need to check your wound now!" He obligated and I slowly unwrap the bandage. Wow! He's really progressing a lot.

"I can help you with the surgery!" He said. I froze and stop my movement while I look at him puzzled.

"Why? I can handle it. Never mind it!" I said dismissing whatever idea he had.

"I want to help you!" He said still very persistent.

"I can manage Mr. Knight!"

"One call from the accounting office I can solve your problem in an instant. You don't have to be stubborn and just let me help you!" He try to convince me.

"Why would you do that?" I said not convince of what he said

"Because I fancy you. !" He said in straight and I look at him shock.

"So!" I challenge him to continue since I can feel there's more than this

"I will help you but I want you in return!" He said calmly like it's not a big deal.

"Excuse me? Are you buying me exchange for the money?" I asked him bewildered of his idea.

"You can put it like that!" He said while he shrugged his shoulder.

"Thanks but no thanks!" I said the I continue my work.

"Come on! I will pay everything as in anything! After her operation I will pay for her bills. Think of it ok? Daniel said your sister is getting weak!" What a freak!

"Look I don't care about your money. My answer is still the same. I won't accept it .!" I said angrily.

"Ok but just call me if you change your mind. My offer is always open for you!" He said then he put his card on my white coat pocket

I just shrugged but before I went outside of his room. I take the card from my pocket and hand it back to him . Then without a word I marched towards the door and exited.