: 13

Liam's Perspective

Did I scared her? I know I'm too fast but I can't wait anymore!

I'm scared of being too late- I'm scared of not being with her than taking the risk.

I need Mavie... but she needs time.

And I would gladly give it to her.

Taking a deep breath, I let myself remember all the things these past few days. I let myself remember her voice, that bouce that reminds me of a calm serene, lullinga kid to sleep. Her stature, that never failed to make my heart race whenever she's in my line of vision, making me feel giddy, nervous and excited all in one. Her touch, the way her hand makes me want more. Her scent, that addicting scent that drives me insane.

I let myself drown in the image of her smile. I let myself drown in the sea of her laughters. I let myself be crazy for her. That's how deep I fell.

Deeper than my first. And the way she say sorry to me earlier when I asked her. It breaks my heart but the way she look at me as if she didn't mean what she said. I know she needs time. It gives me hope.

Maybe.. she wants me too- No. I'm sure she wants me too.

Taking a deep breath, I open my eyes as my phone rings. Assuming that it's just one of my band member asking for my well being- I answered the phone.

"Hey."

Recognuzing the voice. I look at the caller I.d. Damn!

"Jessica?"

What is she doing? Why is she calling me? After years of what happened she dares call me? What does she want?

All these questions circles my head and it makes me angry but I keep my mood. Calming myself.

"I... just wanna see you.. Umm, I'm here in your school. I heard you have your band so.. I went. Um.. congrats by the way."

Shock enter my system. She's here?! She saw the whole thing?

"Why?"

I feel myself weak. I can't think anymore. All I want is to rest and let this end. The thing between us ended in a rough path. She cheats quoting that it's an accident but I can't.

"Can I see you right now Liam? Where are you?"

Wanting to answer my question. I agreed. Telling her my location.

-

"Hey."

I nodded at her direction.

Seeing your ex girlfriend after year of not being together feels weird.

"So? Why are you here?"

"I just want to see you again Liam. I'm getting engaged you see. Maybe I just want to clarify things between us before I settle down."

I take my time observing her. My relationship with Jessica last for 3 years. All throughout I know she's happy- We're happy.

But the glint on her eyes right now, It's different. A good different.

"I guess. Well, Congratulations."

"Thank you."

Silence overwhelmed us. I never thought after all these years I would still ba able to talk to Jess like this. This feeling...

"So.. enough about me. Who's this Mavie?"

Jessica let out an amused grin and the mention of Mavie's name had my lips tugging into a smile. Gosh! I'm whipped!

"Well.. I like Mavs- No. I'm falling for her I guess."

I don't know what came into me but I feel like I have to tell her that. I feel like this is what I need, to set my heart free- as in free out of any restrictions and rules from the past.

"Wow. You look different Liam. You must really love the girl."

"Different?"

"Yeah.."

I look at her confused but what she says next brings out a smile in my face.

"You look so happy and contented. As if you find someone you're willing to do anything for. You know what? I'm happy we didn't work out."

I feel myself frown- not exactly happy because of what she said.

"Why is that?"

I ask.

"Because I'm glad to see you like this. There's this glint of joy in your eyes that I failed to light up when we're together. It's so beautiful Liam."

I smiled. Pleased at what she just said.

"Thank you."

"No. Thank you."

We just stood there staring at each other with a content feeling when suddenly her phone rang. Excusing herself she took a few step away from me- answering the call.

After the call she gave me an apologetic smile.

"Soryy I have to go already. But I'll invite you to the venue of my engagement; Bought your girl with you. "

She has a small smile on her face facing me. I nod, watching as her figure slowly vanish from my pine of sight.

I can't help smiling. I settle my past and I'm ready to move forward.

All I need to do is wait patiently for Mavs. I know she's confuse with all the things recently but I trust her. She'll make it. I know she will.

As I observe the birds chirping, I let out a small contented smile when suddenly I heard a very familiar voice calling me in. As if in instant- I whip my head to the direction.

There I saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Dang!

"Liam!"

I feel like my world slow down. Watching as she pantly made her way on me.

Well.

I guess I wouldn't wait that long.