31. perfect is creepy

It was a tradition in her family to have a girl's evening out every month. Aviana and Mrs. Chase were at the restaurant nearest to the theatre. Their plan was to watch a movie, have food and return home, just the two of them. It had been a typical girl's evening out until their new neighbor had crashed it. Now it was no longer a girl's evening out. Aviana, Mrs. Chase, and Ash were seated on one of the middle tables. But one member got reduced when Mrs. Chase got a phone call about an urgent work.

Now Aviana was left with Ash in an awkward silence, who was looking splendid in his checked shirt. His brown hair was combed in a respectable fashion. He did not give away a boy's vibe, instead, the vibe she got was of a gentleman's. After a while of silence, she decided she should get on with the question she most wanted to ask him. "Have we met before?"

"I don't think so. I would remember such a pretty face." His eyes zoomed in on her making her feel uncomfortable. "You look beautiful when you let your hair down." He complimented, his eyes sliding the length of her hair.

"Um...thank you I guess." She replied uneasily. Not that she did not like compliments, it was just that, it was coming from Ash who she barely knew.

And when he looked at her, she could not shake the feeling that she had seen those eyes before, multiple times.

Ash's eyes which had been centralized on her for a while, were now focused on something behind her. She was extremely relieved that he decided to look away from her because it was really starting to alarm her.

She turned back to see what Ash was staring at. But turned back again quickly when she saw it was Riaan standing by the other table. Dash and Jaden were also with him. Ever since yesterday, she was feeling nervous about seeing him. And to top it off, her hormones were giving her chills whenever he was around or whenever she thought about him.

But it was too late, without even turning she could tell that those three were now standing behind her. Ash was looking confusedly at the three boys at her back. "I think you are at the wrong table."

"Ash, they are my friends." She looked at the other two, avoiding the one who was making her feel butterflies.

Ash jumped from the table, letting the juice spill all over Aviana but he did not seem to care about it. He was looking between her and Riaan, his eyes confirming something. She had no idea why but Ash's face was covered with terror. "They are your friends!"

She looked up from wiping the juice off her. Aviana felt grateful she did not wear white clothing today. "Yes, they are...you ok Ash?" Now she was really concerned about his intense reaction. Dash and Jayden were as surprised by Ash's reaction, as she was.

Riaan was glaring at Ash skeptically, as he took another tissue and helped her with cleaning her dress. "Why don't you apologize for spoiling her dress."

"No, it's okay. He didn't mean it Riaan." If it had not been for Ash's bizarre reaction, Aviana would have been a mess of palpitations, with how close Riaan was standing. He looked up at her, which made her direct her eyes back to Ash.

"Come sit down. Aviana's friends are considered as my friends." Ash showed off his humbleness. The statement made everyone rise there brows, including Aviana herself. Ash was about to take a seat near her but Riaan sat there before he could. Dash sat on her other side, which left Ash and Jayden to sit on the opposite.

"So who is this?" Riaan's question was for Aviana but his eyes were concentrated on Ash, assessing him.

"I am Aviana's new neighbor. Nice to meet you." Ash extended his hands for Riaan, who did not reciprocate it, even after Aviana nudged him.