36. this is just fate

Now there was nothing in front of them other than air. Aviana was staring ahead at the empty space waiting to disappear, that was what was going to happen, Kenya would liberate her soul and she would die.

"Ok plan B."

"We have a plan B?" Nobody was aware of this plan B Riaan was talking about, except himself.

"We could take some object from
Sage's home and use it as an article. I could borrow Kyle's or Mithali's liberator. Let's go and stop Kenya."

So there was another way, that meant Aviana could stop this. Dash and Jayden were upholding looks between themselves. Aviana's hands were starting to shiver as each second passed.

Jayden approached Riaan with a disappointed face. "Riaan...the article could travel us across time only if it was blessed by the Roxo tree. We don't have that much time left."

Her shoulder sagged down hearing that. Riaan brought his hand down his face, his breaths coming out rough. "What do you suggest we do then?"

Dash stepped forward with a hand on Riaan's shoulder but Riaan moved, letting Dash's hand drop. "You don't have a solution? Don't talk! I can work through this."

Aviana could not stand still and watch them argue knowing it was because of her. "Riaan it's ok, you all did try to stop this." No, it was not ok, not one bit but they did not need to know that. All three had tried their best to help her and she was thankful for that.

"Nothing is ok here. I never should have left the article lying around. I should put an end to this faster." Riaan moved and stood where Kenya had stood minutes before. Dash's head was hanging low, he was taking responsibility for Kenya's action.

"Hey look at me." Aviana stood in front of Riaan, trying to get him to look at her. "None of this is your fault. You were there for me these past days whenever I needed someone, with or without knowing. This is just fate."

It was very easy to tell out that it was all fate but she was hating all this, she was hating Kenya. If she could, she would stop herself from telling ok to Novak. If she could, she would meet Riaan under different circumstances.
But no, she could not do any of that. The only thing she could do was help someone she cared about. Riaan was beating himself for something he should not. She loathed seeing him hurt.

"There is nothing called as fate." He stepped back looking broken and guilty, his jaw trembling. A single tear escaped her eyelids. It moved down her cheek leaving a trial. She slowly moved toward him, as the tear kept hanging near the chin. The tear fell on the floor splashing and a wild eruption happened. The whole room vibrated and a small violet flicker materialized behind her, growing ferociously.

This was similar to the light she had seen that day at Riaan's home except this was highly energized and was emitting heat. Just as the violet turned red, Dash pulled back Jayden who was standing near her.

"Get back!" The red-violet ball of light burst into brilliant colors as Riaan grabbed for her. He pulled her down behind the table, his hand over her head. She hid her face in his jacket closing her eyes as the brightness became unbearable.

As the brightness dimmed she opened her eyes in a hole and watched the room in a daze. The room was filled with colors, all bright and radiant. The place was lit with something like northern lights, hues were dancing in Riaan's eyes.

As the brightness increased again, he put his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes shut. "Close your eyes." He pulled her head to his chest. Aviana sealed her eyes clinging to him as the room energized highly and heated up several degrees.

There was a loud bang and the room shook as everyone was thrown away. Aviana hit the wall and dropped down. Riaan slammed the window near her and fell upon broken Glass.

The room was back to normal, Dash and Jayden were on the other corner of the room trying to get on their feet. Riaan got her up after shedding the glass pieces off from his jacket. There were still pieces sticking to his skin, making him bleed. "Are you ok?" Riaan asked scanning her for injuries.

Aviana nodded after making sure that her limbs were intact. "You are bleeding." She tried to take the glass pieces away from his skin, then stopped when she saw a figure lying crumpled on the floor away from them.

Dash was limping towards it. "Ken!"

Jaden run behind him and reached before Dash could since he was not limping. Riaan was also by Kenya's side the very next second.

Kenya was on the floor looking unbearably pale. Her hair was a mess and there were red patches all over her body. She was looking fragile and brittle, Dash stood away from Kenya not having the guts to look at her like this.

Riaan gently lifted her up, careful not to hurt her further. He touched her forehead to check for temperature. "Get me some water."

Aviana went into the kitchen and filled the jar with water and brought it back to the room. "Jayden hold her." Riaan sprinkled her with water; her skin was giving out a sizzling sound. The red patches were slowly fading into her skin.

Riaan checked for her pulse and patted her cheek trying to wake her up. "Ken! Look at me, wake up."

Dash was a crying statute with crossed fingers. Kenya slowly opened her eyes, life returning to her form. Jayden fed her some water, which she gulped down unhurriedly. Riaan supported her back to sit straight. She was weekly leaning against his shoulder, trying to adjust her eyes to the surrounding.

Apparently, her travel had failed. The liberator and a shoelace lay near her on the floor. As minutes passed Kenya looked more like sick than dying. Aviana felt Dash loosen up beside her.
Dash moved beside her and took Riaan's position, which led the latter to come to stand beside Aviana.

"Why can't you listen to us? You are being incredibly adamant." Dash spat the words out.

Riaan and Jayden tried to stop dash but he went on, "Solo travel, seriously?"

Kenya's voice sounded like her throat had been clogged with crystal pieces. "Amos called in the morning to ask for the report." Aviana recollected the memory of the phone call yesterday when they were at the restaurant. Riaan was listening beside her quietly. "He told me he knows we are having ties with Aviana."

Riaan took a step forward. "How did he know about her?"

"I have no idea, he told me it doesn't matter if she is innocent or not. The one who would lose everything would be you Riaan, that was what he said." Aviana had always suspected it, Kenya was madly in love with Riaan. And she would go to any extent to protect him.

Dash's face was blazing with anger, as he gave out of fake dry laugh. "Let me get this straight, you tried to kill Aviana and almost got yourself killed. Because Amos told you Riaan might lose everything. So you did all this for Riaan?"

Kenya raised up her skull to look at how Riaan was reacting to all this but he was not there, he had slipped out somewhere between the conversation. Jayden seemed surprised to hear that Kenya did it for Riaan.

Dash raised Kenya up, still supporting her with one hand. "Here is the thing little sister, Riaan is afraid of losing Aviana not his reputation or his Roxo status. I suggest you come to accept this."
______________________________________

🤗Thank you for reading, please don't forget to click the star button, it's equivalent to likes on youtube and could be useful for me🤗