1

"Daddy, I want it!"

"Inno— get up off that g'dam window."

"Daddy please..."

This kid was spoiled. I turned back towards him. Every time I thought of him I saw his father. He had the same big bubbly innocent eyes. It was hard to say no to him. I even had my wallet halfway out by the time I came back to him to find out what it was that my son was pointing to.

"Innocent Boss-Wright...I said get away from that window," I told him.

I walked up over to him grabbing him off the window and saw what he was looking for. We were walking down the street of Moreen Island and there was a little toy shop. Inno was pointing at a little baby doll in the window.

"Can I have it daddy?"

"Inno. Little boys don't play with dolls. It's not...normal," I told him.

"But you said I was special."

I laughed. He was way too smart for his own good. I couldn't help but keep smiling as I picked him up and put him on my shoulders. I knew sitting him on my head would take his mind off of something so silly as getting him a damn doll. He always had these weird addictions to things. A doll just so happened to be one of them.

I couldn't help to find him amusing though, "You are special kid...but not in that way..."

"Were you and Papa special in that way?"

"We were...that was called being gay. We were special in the way that we were gay."

"Well I want to be special like you and Papa."

"You're special in another way kid. You are too young to be worried about gay or straight."
"How am I special Daddy??"

"I told you a million times kid. You are a witchdoctor just like your Papa Micko was and just like I am. That makes you a very very special little boy. And you know what? It's our little secret remember?"

He laughed, "Oh yeah! I can do magic. Does that mean if I kiss a frog it'll turn into a prince?"

"Princess baby. Let's hope it'll turn into a princess."

I carried him down the hall to the litlte shop in the back of an alley. Inno didn't seem to mind the weather even though it was a scorching day on the island. He was used to it. That was all he ever really knew. I watched sitting on my shoulders with his legs dangling on my shoulder. He never held on like I wanted him to. He always dangled. He was so brave and so goddam curious. If his other dad was around he'd probably freak out. Sometimes I wondered if I was a good dad but when I saw little Innocent smile I knew I couldn't be that bad.

I had no idea why the location of the shop was here. It was off of the busy street instead of right in the middle of downtown Moreen Island. I came here way too often then I cared to admit. I looked in the window at the little sign that hung up saying "Angelica's Magic Shop." The door creaked a little bit as I opened it and walked in.

"Aunt Angelica!"

I let Inno down and watched as he ran across the store looking for Angelica. This was his favorite place in the world. It was a little shop of magic spells and incantations that Angelica had collected mostly from the other Moreen Island witchdoctors. People barely came in here to by that kind of stuff though. People came in here to use Angelica. She had become something like the local witchdoctor around these parts.

"Baby, look at you," Angelica said, "Hold on sweetie. Let my customer through."
Inno smiled sweetly and stepped aside as a man walked by. The man was a suspicious shady looking guy. I knew that those were the kinds of people that came to see Angelica anyway. They wer shady looking individuals and they all looked like they had something up their sleeves.