9

"Show them what you're made of Whyte. You represent us. Not five families. One family."

The words had come from me. I was surprised they actually came out of my mouth. The others around me were surprised as well. I didn't like the gay shit. Everyone knew that. I wasn't the most sentimental person in the world. Wouldn't it be a miracle of Whyte pulled this off? Wouldn't it be fucking amazing if he showed all of us.

Whyte circled around Regis Ramon. Our coven was cheering him on. I could see Melody almost jumping over Rio. He had to hold her back. She looked like she wanted to get in there herself. Angelica was even screaming loud for him. Then I looked in the back to see Genesis standing off to the side. There was a huge circle of our coven and the other covens forming around the fight but Genesis wasn't concerned.

Regis started forming what I thought started as a flame but ended up as a lightning bolt that came flying at Whyte. Whyte dodged it. Whyte looked nervous as fuck. Regis raised his wand in the air about to serve Whyte another one.

"Sacrifice Whyte!" I heard Brandon screaming from the sidelines, "What are you waiting for?"

He was right. Regis Ramon started to spin his wand around and the more he did it the more I was scared to death at what would happen. Whyte continued to dodge the attacks. Each attack got closer than the next and closer and closer.

"Do something Whyte!" I screamed out.

That was when he did something. Whyte grabbed onto his wrist and cut it. God knows what he was trying to do or who he was trying to Sacrifice to but nothing was happening. Whyte looked over at me. His skin turned a ghostly white and he was hit this time by the bolt of lightning. It hit him on his shoulder causing his entire body to flip over. Melody ran forward but Rio stopped her. I looked over at Whyte as he lay on the floor.

That was when Whyte threw his knife at the castor who was approaching him. The knife elongated, slithering and swirling until I noticed that it had turned into some sort of serpent. Good...transmutation! Finally.

"YES!" I heard Melody scream out.

The cheers at that moment was crazy as the snake went flying at Regis Ramon but nothing. Regis burnt the snake to a crisp and turned his wand on Whyte. There were ashes on the floor where Whyte had sent his attack. The snake hadn't even come close to biting Regis. Regis moved forward raising his wand for the kill. Whyte was on the ground still. He had no knife. He had nothing. He was just looking up afraid...terrified.

Genesis was finally at full attention now. Whyte was about to die. The Castor coven cheered Regis on as he made his way to Whyte triumphant that he was about to kill him. Genesis was acting fast. I saw him tapping Brandon. Then he tapped Melody. Then he tapped Rio. Then he tapped Angelica. He was finally telling them his plan. That was a very Genesis thing to do. At last minute tell him the plan.

One at a time my coven began to back away from the crowd. Whatever shadows were in the room they began to sink into. We had done this before.

I didn't know what got over me but I ran forward.

"NO!"

I was in front of Whyte with my hands up blocking him. Regis Ramon was standing there with his wand pointed out at me.

"Move," he said, "This is a fight to the death."
"I'm not moving anywhere," I explained, "You want to kill this boy you kill me instead. I'm not going anywhere. He's way too young to die. I don't care what was agreed on and by who. Whyte is NOT going to die today. You so big and bad huh picking on a 14 year old? Kill me. Since you are so thirsty for blood and vengeance. I'll be your pound of flesh."