12

I knocked on Genesis's door later that day.

"Brandon I'm not in the FUCKING mood..."

I bit my finger and put it on the door knob. It melted the handle away. When I walked in the room I saw Genesis there. He turned almost annoyed at the moment. He probably thought I was Brandon. When he realized it wasn't Brandon he didn't seem to really ease up any. He just turned back around.

Genesis was laid out on a fine looking persian rug in the middle of his room at the sanctuary. In front of him was a vase container. He looked like he had been meditating or something. I felt bad for disturbing him but at the same time I felt like I had to be around him at this moment. He had been avoiding me ever since we found out what Micko was up to.

"Sorry to disappoint you," I told him, "I'm not Brandon. Can I sit with you?"

I didn't wait for his answer. I climbed over to him and kneeled down on the carpet next to him.

"Brandon and I got into a fight..."

"I see..."

"Is your son here?"
"He's with my mother. I sent him away like you told me to. They went off to the mainland. She will be looking after him and Asa," I explained, "While we get ready for Micko's attack."

"Good this is going to be no place for children..." he told me, "Did you check his tears...are they still corrupted?"

I handed him a vial of Innocent's tears. They were black. He looked at the substance and shook his head.

"They are useless aren't they?"

"They are corrupted...they may bring something back but whatever comes back will just be a dark shadow of the person they used to be. I wouldn't even use it to heal...god knows what kind of effect these tears would have."

"Great. My son's blessing is now a curse."

"They may still be useful under a last case scenario."

He put Innocent's tears away. He was quiet in his meditation. He was more calm then everyone else. People were freaking out when we told them the news.

"Rio and Angelica checked the graves of the old coven. They were dug up."

He nodded, "I expect no more. There is nothing like a witch doctor scorned. Trust me. I know. Micko wants his revenge."

Genesis closed his eyes. I felt like I was disturbing him. I used to wonder how he remained so calm throughout all the things he went through. Now I saw his secret. It was meditation. The entire world went away from him and he'd sit here...meditating.

I was confused, "You seem so calm."

"Look I don't blame Micko for feeling the way he does. I don't blame the coven for feeling the way they do. They are scared. Hell some of them might even abandon us. You and I lost their trust when they found out about us."

He was right. No one had really made a huge confrontation about it except for Micko but I knew people didn't like what happened between Genesis and I. Brandon had all but pushed it under the rug at this point but I knew at some point I would have to talk to him about this.

"It's no one's business," I said shaking my head, "This is between you, me, Micko and Brandon..."

He nodded smiling, "Life is just a chess game. We made a move. We confessed having feelings for one another despite how fucked up it seems to everyone. They'll make their move. They will stick with me or betray me. Micko decided to turn. You just have to be ready for their move and think of your own in the meantime."