7

"How are you feeling?" I told Mickson.

We had escaped and ended up back at the Sanctuary. I figured it was the safest place to take him after that.

He shook his head and I could tell he was shaken, "All those people are dead because of me. It was like something off of Carrie."
I sighed. He was young. He was just a teenager. The fact that he was making a movie reference just solidified the fact that he had no idea how serious this was. He shouldn't have been in this lifestyle at all. Genesis had made a mistake having these kids around this. He shouldn't have been around this. I'd seen mass deaths like that caused by magic before. I doubt Mickson has ever saw anyone die in his lifetime until today.

I tried to comfort him the best way I knew how, "Look it was a mistake."

"It wasn't. I made the sacrifice. I made the choice. Micko told me that they would help me. He didn't say these demons would end up killing EVERYONE."

"Hey maybe we should keep Micko's involvement with this to a minimum."
"Huh?"

I sighed. I hate thinking like this. I loved Micko. He was the love of my life. I would do anything to protect him including covering for his ass. I wanted to talk to him about this myself. The last thing I needed was the coven getting involved in this shit.

"I just feel like people may get the wrong idea about Micko."

Mickson nodded, "You're right."

"Look rest. Lay down. This is the first time you've seen death but it won't be the last time. It comes with the territory. You learn from things like that. Next time you'll do better. Next time things will be different ok?"

He nodded.

"It's scary."

"No more using magic outside of this sanctuary. If you ever feel cornered again open up and talk to people about it. Use Whyte...he cares about you."

I was just trying to really take the mind off the fact that intentionally or not he had just committed a mass homicide. I could tell he was young by how his mind quickly changed. Mickson wasn't the type of person to just sit around and be controlled by that.

Mickson nodded, "You think?"

"Yeah, you think he's cute?"
"I...I do, but I don't think he looks at me like that..."

I smiled, "Who knows? Why don't you go see?"
I played with Mickson's hair a little bit. That was what kids his age should be worried about. He should be worried about trying to get his first kiss not trying to figure out how to run away from his first mass murder. It kind of sickened me to believe this was the world that we lived in. The more I thought about it the more I didn't want Innocent anywhere near this place.

I just needed a little bit more money. I'd take Innocent. I'd take Micko and I would be off this island. I was moving so far away from Moreen Island and unlike the others who left before me I woudln't be coming back.

There was a knock on the door and it opened to Whyte standing there.

"Mason, the cops are here...they are investigating what happened at the school. They want to ask Mickson and I some questions..."

Fuck...

"Whyte stay here with Mickson."

"Hey Mason..."

I turned and noticed it was Mickson who had called me back. He was sitting up now but was just watching me.

"Yea?"

"Thanks. I mean it."
I nodded and left. He was our coven. He was right. I had to take care of my own and that included Mickson and Micko. If only I knew now how to deal with Micko. He had deliberately had his brother do a sacrifice to a school. This was really all his fault. The more I thought about it the more the possibility that he was possessed seemed very real.