14

The lights started to flicker and the room got cold. I knew what that meant immediately. I saw Melody close the doors of the main hall and lock them at that moment. She was panicking. The idea that her husband left not only

"It's hopeless," Angelica said when we got the news.

"I don't know if there's any point left in this," Whyte said, "Maybe we should run...leave Moreen Island."

"Like Rio?" Melody asked, "No...this is our home."

"If a strong witchdoctor like Rio can run, where does that leave me. There's no hope."

No one was disagreeing with him. I was shocked with that. I turned to my coven. Melody was crying and Angelica was comforting her. Genesis was quiet. He wasn't the one to usually give emotional support and the kind of support he would have gave probably would been worse.

"Hope was never needed.."

They all turned to me.

I could see Whyte and Mickson standing close to one another. They were basically shaking. They were new and probably the ones with the least experience as being witchdoctors. Kitty Kat wasn't that far behind when it came to experience. This wasn't the same coven that we had before. We didn't have Brandon. We didn't have Rio. We didn't have Catalina or the countless other strong witchdoctors to protect us. This is what I was left with.

"Hope was never part of this. This is magic. This is us making shit happen because we fucking can. So if we die today. It will be a beautiful sacrifice," I told them.

"Well said," Genesis said.

"Come on follow me. We have to get you ready to start the spell."
Genesis turned to Kitty Kat, "Follow me."

We walked to the other side of the room to a small space closet in the back. Genesis opened the door to the closet and a strong smell of blood came from the closet. I looked inside to see that there were buckets of animal blood already stockpiled in the room. God knows what kind of animals Genesis had slaughtered to store this.

"I'll watch this door make sure no one comes in," Kitty Kat said, "I'll protect it with my life."

"I can't be disturbed," Genesis stated and then turned to me, "I'll need thirty minutes at the least...can you guys get me that?"

I nodded, "We'll make it happen."

Genesis pulled out something from his pocket. It was a vial.

"These are tears from Innocent."

I was confused and actually looked at Genesis with confused eyes.

"Why do you have my son's tears?"

"Rio. He was stockpiling the stuff. I guess that's why he wanted to have your son around so bad. He said it was a good idea to collect them in case something happened to Innocent. This was before his tears got corrupted. I agreed at the time. I'm sure he took the rest of Innocent's tears and went running like the coward he is. This is all that was really left..."

It made sense now. Rio saying how he wanted to take Innocent in. He didn't give a fuck about Innocent. Hell he left his own wife. His daughter would be always look at him as a coward. He never cared about anyone but himself. All he really wanted to do was steal my son's tears just in case he got hurt. I couldn't believe Rio's blood ran through my veins. He was just waiting for his time to abandon us.

"There's only a few drops left."

"I trust you'll use them wisely," Genesis said.

We looked at one another that moment. There were so many things I wanted to say to him but I didn't know how to even start. It would have been so much easier with someone like Micko. The emotional shit and Genesis didn't really go well together. I felt like if I told him how I felt about him in these last minutes he would looked at me like I had two heads.