Muffled

~Shuichi POV~

Last night I felt off. Like if something was really off. I decided to brush it off and go to my apartment once I got there I did my homework, cooked myself a meal. And before going to bed, I always check the mail. Something unexpected came in the mail today.

Dear Shuichi Saihara The Ultimate Detective,

The Daganronpa Team is glad to in form you that we have built the school that was in the simulation with the dome and everything. The only things different it's that it won't be a killing game, you'll be able to come to school, do normal life. It'll basically be an apartment complex. Everyone who participated in DRVSKH (Daganronpa VR Simulation Killing Harmony) Has gotten this letter if you know someone who participated but didn't get informed about it show them this. Please meet us in your school's parking lot at 6:00AM Saturday morning. It's More convinient if you guys showed up at 5:50AM to go over some stuff.

Sincerely, Daganronpa Team

It was a letter from the Daganronpa Team. I'llbring it to school to show everyone and make sure everyone got it.  Then I went to bed peacefully. The next morning all 16 met where we met yesterday. Kokichi sure was looking Snazzy. Purple turtle neck witha checkered shirt underneath, checkered belt with some chains on the loops, and black sweatpants with checkered shoes. I never knew Kokichi had great taste, but he wasn't paying so much attention, almost as if he could barely hear us, I didn't think much about it though. "Hey guys, did any of you get a letter from the Daganronpa Team? Saying to meet up at the parking lot at 5:50 AM? I asked as everyone nodded an said yes all exept one, Kokichi. I went up to him "Kokichi? Did you get a letter from the Daganronpa Team?" "Huh? Oh a letter? No I didn't, why?" I showed im the letter and read it. "Oh ok." He looked kinda excited. "Hey Kokichi!" Miu came closer and puled his hair behind his ears, he flinched. But... There was our answer to why he hadn't been paying so much attention. He didn't have his hearing aid. "Kokichi where is it?" Himiko asked in question as he all got closer to him so he would hear us. "Oh u-um... umm i-i-it broke." 

"How did it break? If you show it to me I might be able to fix it!" Miu said voluntarily "U-um it fell on the ground, but I don't have it with me." he said sounding if it were a lie but still accepted it "Make sure to bring it tomorrow , k?" Miu said smiling and he nodded as we went inside and parted our ways.

  ~Kokichi POV~

After my dad broke my hearing aid, everything sounded muffled, I had surprisingly gotten used to everything sounding normal so it was weird one side muffled the other normal, made me dizzy. I got dressed put my homeowork in my backpack and I was off. I found everybody elese chatting outside the gates and joined them. "Mumble mumble, mumble mumble Daganronpa, mumble mumble 5:50 AM, mumble mumble?" I just stared down cuz all the information I had gotten was something with Daganronpa and 5:50 AM. Shuichi noticed something was off so he came infront of me and said"Kokichi? Did you get a letter from the Daganronpa Team?" I hadn't so I obviously responded and I quote"Huh? Oh a letter? No I didn't, why?" he handed it to me and I read it.

 I got excited because we would be moving into dorms sorta like in the game. Finally not go to my dads house, Finally not sleep in a treehouse and a sleeping bag.  I tried to hide my excitement by just saying "Oh ok" I was thinking in my own world when I feel someone put my hair behind my ears. BUSTED! Miu had decided to take matters into her own hands. I didn't know she noticed I was acting weird. Suddenly as everyone saw the surronded me so I could hear them. But they were really nice. Like they cared about me. Himiko asked where it was I didn't answer I don't know why but I didn't. Miu even offered to fix them I agreed and I would bring them tomorrow. Well today is going to be a rough day.

Slowly but surely people found out that the "New kid" with heterochromia and a wheelchair, was Ouma. That meant some people picked on him that day. Kokichi was right. It was a rough day. He barely picked up anything from the board. He got teased. The only time he could relax and act like usual with his friends was lunch. They laughed and giggled, he could only hear what the people next to him said and if someone talked to Ouma but wasn't sitting next to him, they would stand up and tell him. It was still a great time. Rest of the day had gone by the friends had said goodbye. Then Ouma got an idea "Hey Saihara chan, Can I sleepover at your house tomorrow?" Kokichi asked hoping he would say. "Sure!" Shuichi said with a smile happy he would be having a sleepover with Kokichi. "Thanks Mr Detective!" and just like that Kokichi was gone.

 He went to the store to buy a few boxes. While he was at the store he also bought some Panta, and played with the toys. Yes, a 16 year old boy, playing with toys. he sure was childish. Kokichi used this time as a sort of recess to forget about his worries, it always helped. Once he was done he checked out and left to go to the treehouse.  He did his homework, and then got excited. He was going to pack up on what to bring to the dorm. One box was with with clothes and DICE's uniform. And the had stuff he would bring. He got the job done pretty quick. Then he remembered his hearing aid that had to be fixed Scattered for it and found it. Then he dosed off to sleep really quickly...