2

"Maman. Papa. Can we talk?" Asked Marinette, as she walked into the bakery.

"Of course, Dear." Sabine said, putting up the Be Right Back sign.

"The senior trip is coming up and-" she began.

"Oh, where are you going?" Asked Tom.

"Do we need to sign anything?" Asked her mother.

"No. The class said they didn't want me on the trip." Mari continued.

"What?" They both exclaimed.

"I think it's a blessing in disguise. I won't be blamed for anything that goes wrong with the trip." Marinette sighed.

Tom and Sabine looked at each other with a frown.

"Did the school just accept this?" Sabine questioned.

"I don't know, but I'm just glad I'm not going." Marinette said.

"What about those two weeks?" Tom asked, "Would you still have to go to school?"

"I don't know." his daughter shrugged.

"It's only 3:45PM." Sabine stated, "I'd like to have a word with your school board about this."

"Maman!" Marinette exclaimed.

"No." Tom said as he stood up, "Your mother is right. You have been coming home looking upset and now your thrown off a trip because of the girl your friends believe."

"And your teacher does nothing about it!" Sabine exclaimed, "You can tell them you don't mind and still not go. With any hope, we can get you transferred out of that class."

'I guess that won't be so bad.' Marinette thought.

"Maman. Papa. If the school is okay with it and I still have my two weeks off; can I spend that time with Dad?" she questioned.

"I think that would be a good idea, Dear." Sabine smiled, "A vacation away from Paris and you would be in excellent hands.