9

"For once in your life, Father, pick up the damn phone when I call!" Adrien pleaded to his phone.

"What is it?" Gabriel questioned, "I am very busy. SO this had better be important."

"Father, can I be excused from the field trip and stay in Metropolis?" Adrien asked.

"No. As it is, I let you go on this excursion you wanted and now you want-" Mr. Agreste began to state.

"Please, Father! I can stay with Marinette!" Adrien interrupted.

"Who?" Gabriel asked confused.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She's here visiting family. Her fathers are Clark Kent of the Daily Planet and Lex Luthor of LexCorp." Adrien continued, hoping their names were enough to help his case.

'Intriguing.'

"Why?" Gabriel asked.

"Lila Rossi has been lying since she got us this trip. She told everyone she was related to Lex Luthor, only for him to denounce her claims. He has already stated that he won't be selecting any interns for the summer. I don't know what will be happening with the trip. He sounds very angry that Lila lied about all of us to get this trip. He was already talking about cancelling it and I have to share a room with Lila. She makes me uncomfortable." Adrien begged.

"Why was I not made aware of this new development? I did not authorize you to share a room with the opposite sex!" declared his father.

"Lila told Ms. Bustier that you said it was okay." Adrien whined.

"Speak with Miss Dupain-Cheng and have her speak with her family! Give them my number and have them call me with their decision." Gabriel declared.

Gabriel immediately called up the school board and declared his son was to be taken off the senior trip.

"Mr. Agreste, is there a reason why-" the head of the school board began to question.

"My son called me and told me he was scared to room with someone of the opposite sex. That Lila Rossi informed his teacher I had approved this despicable act and she believed it!" he yelled into the phone.

'Lila Rossi and Caline Bustier...again.'

"We give you our full permission to remove him from the trip and we'd like to inform you that those two and the school are currently under investigation." the school board spoke.

"See to it." Gabriel sneered and hug up.

'This just got worse.'