15

At the end of the two weeks, Marinette and Adrien returned to find their school had drastically changed. Damocles was no longer the principal, Madam Bustier had been fired and Lila was no longer a problem. Marinette was so relieved that she no longer had to suffer.

Another new change was they were in a new class, along with Chloe, Nathaniel, and Max. the found out everyone was divided. Kim, Rose, and Alya were in Meldeives' class. Ivan, Sabrina, and Alix were in another and so was Nino, Mylene, and Juleka.

Several classmates came up and apologized to Marinette about what they had done. Max had even installed a lie detector on Markov, but some of the others were still upset by the new changes.

They quickly noticed the new dynamic between Adrien and Marinette. They were shocked to find out that Adrien had been upgraded to the title of 'Best Friend' and noticed how often they would video chat at lunch with her fiancee and brother.

Nino had even overheard Adrien call Jon his second best friend, but he couldn't find it in himself to be mad. Adrien had stayed by Marinette's side through everything and understood he couldn't argue with possibly being in third place.

As the end of the year came along, Alya tended to avoid them. She was forced to delete her blog, not that it mattered. It had been riddled with lies and was practically unusable. Any time she was Marinette and Adrien, she would walk away. All I did was remind her that the 'Adrienette' ship had sunk long ago and she didn't understand why Marinette wouldn't accept her apology.

Marinette sighed as she watched Alya turn tail, once again. She had hoped her and Alya would get closer to being friends again after she forgave her, but she had explained to her, that she wouldn't help her get up in the world through her father's connections. To Mari, it seemed Alya valued connections over their friendship and she couldn't forgive that. She'd be ready to talk with Alya if she wanted rebuild their friendship, but she would never be Lila.