12

Clark and Lex went down to the cafeteria and saw Adrien sitting with Jon, Damian, and Marinette. Half the class was glaring in their direction, sitting with the liar, and another half was whispering, pointing between the another two groups.

"Adrien." called Clark, announcing their presence.

Adrien just looked up to Marinette's fathers with kitten eyes, hoping for a miracle.

Clark just smiled.

"Your father agreed." Luthor spoke.

"Yes!" Adrien shouted, quickly pulling Marinette into a hug, "Thank you! Thank you!"

"Have you all finished your lunch?" Clark asked and they nodded.

"I will call the car around so you can gather your belongings. Minnie can show you where to place them." Lex said, getting his phone.

"Sleepover party!" shouted Jon.

"What is going on, here?" questioned Bustier.

Lex just handed her a paper and walked a bit away to make his call.

"This is a fax from Gabriel Agreste, granting us and Bruce Wayne temporary custody of his son for the remaining two week. He was appalled to find out from Adrien that he would be rooming with someone of the opposite sex." Clark stated.

"But Lila said-" Caline said, trying to make sense of what was happening.

"Ma'am, you are a teacher. It is your job as the adult to contact the parents or guardians of a child before any changes are made to their child's well being. There is no reason to take the word of another child, especially if the child has no family relations to the other child. In the court of law, that would be hearsay and could lead to slander and defamation charges. Adrien Agreste has been pulled out of your care by his father and with the school board's permission." Clark said, glaring at her, "I'll be making sure to call them about your behavior, especially towards my daughter."

Caline paled as she turned to see a smug smile of Marinette's face.

"Adrien, let's go get your things." Lex called.

"Yay! I was dreading sharing a room with Lila." he said, following after Luthor.

"Wait!" spoke up Mylene, "Don't you two have a thing?", followed by several nods.

"No way. I can't stand Lila." announced Adrien.

Lila opened her mouth, but Sabrina beat her to the punch.

"But, aren't you dating?" she asked.

"No way! I don't even like posing for photoshoots with her." he declared.

"How could you say something so heartless?" sobbed Lila, gaining sympathy from Alya quickly.

"Because I never wanted anything to do with you and your lies!" he shouted, "Why on Earth, would I want be close to someone who lies with every breath she takes?"

"Marinette-" began Alya.

"Has been telling the truth since day one!" interrupted Adrien, shouting in the journalist's face.

"Isn't she the wannabe journalist you told me about?" Damian questioned, earning a nod from Mari, "Well, I suggest you find a new career path. You're already failing at it."