Chapter 1

Abby

"Abby we are really going to miss you!" Mrs. Mathews exclaimed as she gave me a bear hug.

"Aww, thank you Mrs. Mathews. I really can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me." I said as I got out of the car. Ashley and her mom came to drop me off at the apartment I had rented in LA. We were from a small town in the central coast of California and I didn't have a car so I couldn't drive myself there. Nor could I afford a moving truck.

"Abby, how many time do I have to tell you to call my Kathy" she said as she gave me a stern look.

"Mom, stop. Don't make this harder on Abby" Ashley said as she turned to me. "OMG I'm going to miss you soooo much! What am I going to do without you?" Ashley got into this prestigious fashion school in San Francisco. It was the first time we were going to be separated.

"We are just a phone call away" We had cried over it so much, but we knew we would always be there for each other.

"Ok well I should head inside and unpack. You guys have a long drive tomorrow so you should get a move on." I said as I turned towards Kathy and gave her a hug.

"Come home anytime sweetheart" Kathy said.

"Thanks, I will defiantly go on thanksgiving" I told her. She simply nodded.

Then I turned towards Ashley, she had tears in her eyes, as did I. I went in and hugged her in a tight hug. "Promise you'll call me everyday" Ashley said.

"I promise. Promise me you won't change me for someone else" I said.

"Never! We are bffs for eternity remember!" Ashley said as she waved goodbye and they drove off. We would always say that to each other.

I headed upstairs to meet my new roommate. I found this place on craigslist. It was the cheapest thing I could find that was the closet to the school. LA was a very expensive place and lets just say that I didn't have a lot of money. The Mathews on the other hand were loaded, they had so much money. I was able to get a few scholarships and I was planning on looking for a job soon. They offered to help me, but I declined. I couldn't take their money after everything they've done for me.

I walked up the stairs the third floor and opened the door. The place was falling apart. I didn't care too much tho, I just needed to a place to sleep and study. As I walked in I saw a girl sitting on the sofa. "Hey you must be Abby, I'm Vanessa, it's nice to meet you." She said as she shook my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too Vanessa" I said. We talked for a bit and got to know each other. Apparently she was also a student at UCLA and she was majoring in finance. I on the other hand was pre med. She seemed like a very nice girl. After chatting for a bit I told he I was going to unpack and I headed for my room.

I woke up the next day and got ready for school, I already had my schedule and Vanessa said she would show me around campus. We arrived to school on time and Vanessa was explaining where things were. Then I accidently bumped into someone. I had the bad habit of looking down as I walked so that happened to me on a few occasions, but what I did not expect was to come face to face with the person I've been in love with all my life "Chase?"