Chapter 43

Abby

Alex and I arrived in LA around 10 am. We grabbed out luggage and headed outside. There we found Chase.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I came to pick you guys up." He said. Alex ran and gave him a hug. "Hey there Champ. How was your flight?" He asked.

"It was ok, very long, mommy said I slept most of the way." He said.

"Chase we were fine getting an Uber. How did you even know?" I asked him.

"Alex told me." He said. I sighed. Of course he did.

"Well since you're here I guess you can take us to our hotel to get settled." I told him.

"No can do. You're reservation got canceled." He said.

"And how would you know that?" I asked him.

"Because I cancelled it myself." He said.

"Chase how the hell were you even able to do that?" I asked him.

"Look I'm sorry. I didn't want you to spend your money on housing while you're here."

I was so angry at Chase. I wanted to punch him. "Mommy, please. I want to spend as much time as I can with daddy." Alex said looking up at me. I sighed.

"Fine honey. We can stay with your dad" I told him.

"Yay!" Alex said jumping up and down. 

Chase led us to his car and put our luggage in the trunk.

Alex and Chase talked the entire way. I just looked out the window.

We arrived to Santa Monica. It was a short ride. Then we stopped at a gated community. Of course Chase owned a house here. We drove inside the gates and made it to Chase's house. It was huge. It was practically a mansion and it was right next to a beach.

Alex ran out of the car all excited. "Mommy look! I can see the beach from here! Can we go to the beach!! Please!!" He asked as he pointed to the beach and jumped up and down.

"Later honey, we should eat some breakfast and get settled. Then we can go to the beach ok." I told him. He nodded.

I was going to get our luggage but Chase beat me to it. He lead us inside. The house was as luxurious outside as it was inside. It was huge.

He showed me to my room and to Alex's room. Then we headed to the kitchen and I made some breakfast.

Chase insisted that his maid could make us breakfast but I declined. I can make my one food.

As soon as we finished Alex made us change to go to the beach. I just wore shorts and a top. I wasn't planning on going in the water. I put Alex his swim suit and we headed down stairs. Chase was just wearing his swim trunks. Damn. He looked amazing. He definitely worked out a lot.

"Come on let's go!" Alex said. He grabbed each one of our hands and headed outside. Alex was playing at the edge of the ocean and Chase joined him. They looked like they were having a blast.

"Don't go in too deep honey" I told Alex. I sat down on the beach towel. I was looking at both of them as they played. They definitely looked like father and son. After a while Chase came and sat next to me.

"You should join us" he said.

"I'm fine. Thanks" I said flatly.

"Abigail we eventually have to talk." Chase said looking at me.

I looked away and responded "I can't Chase. Just drop it."

"We have a son together Abigail. We need to talk." He said.

I could feel the tears spill from my eyes. "I know Chase. Just not today and not in front of Alex." I said still looking away. "When's your wife coming home? Won't she be mad?" I asked.

"She's not. We're divorced you see..."

"No Chase I don't want to hear it" I said stopping him. "Well talk later" I sighed.

"Fine" he said. "How about tomorrow? My parents and Ashley are coming down to meet Alex" he said.

"Chase i told you..."

"Please Abigail. They really miss you. I promise you'll understand everything once I explain, but please see my family tomorrow. It means so much to them" he said.

"Ok" I sighed. After all they've done for me, I do owe them that much.

Alex came to us. "Mommy, daddy. Please come play with me" Chase got up and held out his hand to help me up. I looked at him, "please mommy" Alex said.

I smiled at Alex and got up with Chase's help. We played in the water for a bit.

I'm glad Alex was having a good time. For a moment I forgot about everything. It seemed like we were a family.

We walked back to Chase's home and ordered pizza. Then we watched a movies in the living room.

Alex fell asleep on my lap. "I should take him up" I said.

"Please let me." Chase got up quickly and carried Alex upstairs.

I followed him and tucked Alex into bed. Then I headed downstairs and started to clean up.

"You don't have to do that" Chase said. 

"I want to" I said as I continued to clean up.

"Ok let me help then." Chase helped me put stuff away and I washed the dishes.

Once we finished I said "well I should get to bed" I looked at Chase and he was staring at me. His stare was so intense.

"Abigail" he said and walked closer to me. He was standing right in front of me. I tried to take a step back but the fridge was right behind me.

"Chase I'm going to bed" I was trembling. Having him so close to me brought flash backs. I couldn't still feel this way.

He wouldn't take his eyes off me. "I missed you so much Abigail." He said and then he kissed me. I instinctively kissed him back. We're we're kissing for a few seconds when reality hit me. I pushed him away and slapped him and then ran away. "Abigail" I heard him call after me, but I made it to my room. I closed the door and I took a long shower. Then I got into bed and fell asleep.