Chapter 14

Chase

I said it. I finally told her I like her. I've known this girl for years. She would come over every day to play with Ashley.

The first time I saw her I was mesmerized. I was only 7 at the time. She was 5. Our parents had reconnected and they came to visit us. She looked awfully shy.

Ashley went up to her and they became instant friends. She never really paid much attention to me. She was always shy around me.

As we grew up I would look at her from afar. When she became a teenager she barley said 3 words to me. I would on occasion catch her looking at me, but I would see her blush and quickly look away.

We would cross a few words here and there, but it was like she would always try to avoid me. I never attempted to get closer to her either. Then I went to Stanford. I didn't really see her the first year I started school. Then something tragic happened. Her parents died.

She was a senior in high school. I could see how devastated she was. It killed me. I didn't know how to comfort her. I saw her at her parents funeral. I just wanted to go up to her and hold her, but I didn't.

That's when I knew I had to take care of her. I knew she wanted to get into UCLA. That was her dream school. At least that's what I heard her say when I would eavesdrop on her and Ashley. I immediately applied to UCLA. I got accepted. I had pretty good grades. My dad knew some people and I was able to revalidate all my credits. I didn't really give them much of an explanation. I just said I wanted to be closer to home.

I didn't tell her tho. I wanted it to be a surprise. I saw her on her first day of school. She looked so nervous as she always did. I came up to her and she looked really surprised, but I was happy to see her none the less.

I would see her around school, then I heard she got a job at the coffee shop. I didn't like her friend tho. You could tell he liked her. She was just oblivious to that fact. Then I kissed her.

I didn't want to scare her so I pushed her away. She isn't like any other girl I've encountered. I only had one night stands. No one could compare to her.

Then I find her wounded in her apartment. I thought I lost her. I was so scared. That's when I decided I had too keep a close eye on her.

I talked to my mom about her moving in. She was so happy with the idea. She brought it up. Abigail said she didn't want to intrude, but she never could. I was honestly so happy that she agreed.

The night we got here I told her part of the truth. That I couldn't stay away. I really couldn't. I really couldn't wait any longer. I wanted to be with her. I just didn't know how.

She's a very special girl. I know she has anxiety. I heard tell Ashley once. I didn't want her to go running away. So I haven't really said much to her after we kissed, plus school was keeping us both busy.

Then Friday came around. I found her in her sleeping in her friends apartment. I was so jealous. That was number two. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her. So I kissed her. She questioned me and I finally told her I liked her and I kissed her again. I loved kissing her. It was absolute bliss.

We deepened the kiss and I carried her into my room and closed the door.