Chapter 13

Abby

The was going by pretty quick. I got my stitches removed during the week.School definitely kept Chase and I pretty busy. We only saw each other when he would give me a ride to school in the mornings and the few times he was able to pick me up from work.

Neither Chase nor I mentioned a thing about our kiss. Or should I says kisses.

I was currently at work. Caleb would give me a ride home when Chase couldn't. I could tell it made Chase upset, but I didn't know why.

"So would you like to go out tonight Abby bear?" Caleb asked. It was Friday night and out shift was about to end.

"I don't know Caleb. I'm really tired. I kind of just want to go home and rest."

"Please." He said giving me puppy dog eyes.

I groaned. Caleb has done so much for me. I owe him this much. "Fine. Where are we going?"

"How about we order food and hang out at my place?"

"Ok that sounds great actually!" I didn't want to do anything that involved to much effort.

"Great let's close up the coffee shop and leave." We closed up the shop and walked to Caleb's car. I was going to text Chase but my phone died.

We got to Caleb's apartment and I sat on the couch. "How about we order Chinese" he suggested.

"Chinese sounds great!" I smiled at him.

"Ok pick a movie while I order."

I chose a comedy. I could use a good laugh after a busy week. Caleb sat down next to me and we watched the movie. Or food eventually arrived and I have no idea when but at some point during the movie I fell asleep.

I was later woken up by some loud screaming. "Is she here?!"

"Yeah she's asleep. Can I help you with something?" I heard Caleb say. I woke up and walked to the door.

I saw a very mad Chase at the door. "Why the hell aren't you answering your phone?" He yelled at me.

"Hey man chill" Caleb yelled at him.

Chase stared at Caleb, then he grabbed my arm. "We're leaving" he said as he pulled me in his direction.

"Don't tell her what to do!" Caleb yelled at him. Then he grabbed my other arm.

I pulled my hands from both of their grips. "Wow, guys chill." I said looking at them. They both looked like they were about to rip each other's heads off. I turned to Caleb. "Thanks for inviting me tonight. I should go home it's late anyways. Chase is already here."

"Are you sure you want to go home with this asshole?" Caleb said glaring at Chase.

"Might as well get a ride home. Your already home. I'll see you on Monday." I said giving Caleb a hug and walked out.

Chase didn't wait for me. He hurried  to his car. "What the hell was that Chase?" I said yelling at him.

"Just get in the damn car" he grunted at me. I crossed my arms and looked at him.

"No, not with the way your talking to me. What the hell happened back there?" I yelled at him.

He sighed. His expression softened and he looked at me. " look I'll explain everything when we get home. Just please get in the car." He said.

I don't know what it is about him, but whenever I look into his eyes, my knees go weak. I didn't say anything and just got in the car.

I looked out the window as he drove off. We got home shortly after. He parked his car in the garage and we walked to the elevator in silence.

We walked into the apartment and I stared at him. "Care to explain?" I said raising my eyebrow and crossing my arms.

He stayed silent. He wouldn't look at me. He had his back to me. "Do you have any idea the hell I went thru today?" He said. I remained silent. Listening to what he had to say. " I went to pick you up from work. I texted and called before hand, but you didn't answer. I rushed to the cafe but it was closed." He sighed. " the worst possible scenarios came to mind. I drove around going crazy. I had no idea where you were. If you were safe or not." He sighed. "I thought about your stupid friend. Could you possible be with him? I didn't know where he lived tho. I know who the owner of the coffee shop is. I gave him a call and he gave me Calebs address." He finally turned to look at me. " I drove to his place. I ran to the door and I knocked as hard as I could. You're little friend opened the door and tells me your asleep and the you show up. Two things came to my mind at that moment. One was relief. I was glad you were safe and two..." he stopped and looked at me. Then he looked away.

"What was two?" I whispered.

"Never mind." He said. I crossed the room and walked up to him. I don't know where I got the courage. This definitely wasn't like me. He was still looking away. Then he turned and looked into my eyes. They were intense.

"What was number two?" I whispered. He didn't answer. He kissed me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. I moaned. Oh god. This was marvelous. He deepened the kiss. I moaned even louder. Then he let go of me and took a step back.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have..." I stoped him.

"Ugh! Chase you're so frustrating! I don't understand you! One moment you kiss me. Then you push me away. You do this over and over again. I don't understand! What game are you playing?"  I said looking at him.

He looked at me "you think I'm playing a game? I would never do that to you. Don't you see?" He asked me.

"See what?" I asked. Before I could continue he kissed me again. What was happening? This time I pushed him away. "See what Chase. I don't know what you mean." I said looking at him dumbfounded.

He looked at me and smirked. "You really are clueless aren't you. I like you Abigail." He said looking intensely at me.

Wait what? What did he just say? Did he say what I think he just said? No I must of misunderstood. No that couldn't be what he just said.

"Stop overthinking everything like you always do." He said looking at me. "You heard me. I like you." He said and he kissed me again. It took me a second but I realized he kissed me again. I wrapped my hand around his neck. My goodness this guy knew how to kiss. Then he trailed kisses down my neck. I let out a loud moan.

"Oh Chase" I moaned. He picked me up and carried me to his room.