Chapter 44

Abby

I woke up the next day and Alex was on my bed. I didn't feel him come in last night.

I saw him move and rub his eyes. "Good morning mommy." He said.

"Morning honey. When did you come in?" I asked him.

"I had to pee last night and I felt scared not sleeping in my room, so I came to yours." He said. 

I hugged him. "Yeah that makes sense. Come on let go make some breakfast. What do you want?" I asked him.

"Pancakes!" He said and jumped up and down the bed.

"Ok let's go make some pancakes."  We headed downstairs and I went to the kitchen. The maid offered to make us breakfast but I declined.

I made some extra pancakes in case Chase wanted some. I served Alex and I some pancakes and we sat at the table. As we were eating Chase came downstairs. "Good morning" he said.

"Morning" I mumbled and pretended to be busy with my breakfast.

"Morning daddy!" Alex hopped out of his seat and gave Chase a hug.

Chase hugged him back and smiled. "Morning Champ" he said. Alex got back in his seat.

Chase joined us with some pancakes on his plate. "Thanks for making me some" he said.

"No problem." I said.

"What time are grandma and grandpa getting here?" Alex asked.

"Your aunt Ashley texted me and said they'll be here in an hour or so." Chase responded.

We were done eating breakfast and I put the plates in the sink. The maid begged me to let her wash the dishes. I was going to say no, but I could tell she would get upset if I didn't let her.

I took Alex upstairs to get ready to meet his family. They weren't my family, they were Alexs'. I myself got ready too. I just wore jeans and a polo shirt.

I could hear noise downstairs. Great they were here. It was time to face the music.

"Are you ready honey?" I asked Alex. He nodded.

As we headed down the stairs he grabbed my hand. He must be worried too. We walked into the living room and the room went still. I saw the Mathews and Ashley. Everyone was looking at Alex and I but no one said a word.

Chase broke the silence. "Everyone this is Alex" he said gestering towards Alex. "Alex this is your grandma, grandpa and aunt Ashley." Chase said gestering to his family.

Alex awkwardly waved at them. "Go and give them a hug." I whispered to him. He looked at Chase and he nodded at him.

Alex ran and gave Mrs. Mathews a hug first. "It's so nice to meet you honey. You're my grand baby." She said with tears in her eyes.

Then he gave Mr. Mathews a hug "it so nice to meet you kiddo." He said.

Then he gave Ashley a hug "oh my goodness you're so cute. I'm so glad to finally meet my nephew." She said.

Mrs. Mathews came up to me "Abby. It's been so long. Can I please give you a hug." She said. I nodded and she hugged me and I hugged her back. She started crying as did I.

Then Mr. Mathews came up to me and pulled me into a hug. "We missed you kiddo." He said.

I could see Ashley trailing behind. "I know you don't consider me your best friend anymore but can I hug you too." I couldn't say anything. I was in tears. I just nodded and she hugged me and I hugged her back. Ashley broke into tears as well.