Chapter 36

Abby

I woke up from the surgery. I was so sore. Well the anesthesia definitely wore off. I looked around my room and I saw Ashley and the Mathews, but not Chase.

Mrs. Mathews came up to me. "How are you feeling honey?" She asked.

"I'm sore but ok." I said.

Then Ashley came up to me bad. " the doctor said the operation was a complete success." She smiled. I smiled back.

"Wheres Chase?" I asked them. They all looked at each other. Ok this was getting weird.

"He's out of town. He will explain everything once he comes back" said a worried Ashley. She avoided looking into my eyes. Something was definitely up, but it seems they didn't want to tell me. It's fine, I guess. I'll ask Chase about it when he comes back.

"Can't I call him?" I asked them. They all looked at each other again. Ok something is definitely up. What could it be?

"Ugh he can't be disturbed. Don't worry Abbs you'll find out soon." Ashley told me. What was the big mystery that they couldn't tell me?

I was in the hospital for 3 days before I was able to go home. I had to take some immunosuppressants and other medication for some time after my surgery.

Ashley and the Mathews helped me pack up and get home. We were still staying at the beach house.

There was still no sign of Chase. It's been a week after my discharge. No one would tell me anything. He wouldn't answer my calls. What the hell is going on? I had a doctor appointment. Apparently everything was going very well. My body was taking the transplant very well, which was a good thing because there was a risk of rejection.

It's been two more weeks and still no sign of Chase. Where the heck was he?

I was mad at everyone for not telling me anything. I would barely talk to anyone in the house. It was very suspicious.

The following week I had another doctors appointment. Everything was going well. I didn't have another appointment for another two months.

Because of this the Mathews said we were heading back to our hometown for the rest of the summer. I asked about Chase once again and they said he would meet us there.

I was still mad at them and wouldn't talk to them. Not even Ashley. Why didn't she say anything? She's my best friend. What are they hiding?

We arrived to our home town and the Mathews residence. I walked up to my room. I sat down in my bed and I cried. What the heck was going on.

I should be happy. I finally got my surgery and it looks like I was going to live, but then there was the part where the Mathews were hiding something from me. Why couldn't they just tell me. I fell asleep for the rest of the day.

I woke up the next morning and went to go fix myself some cereal. It seemed like everyone was still asleep. As I was preparing my cereal I heard a car pull up. I looked out the window. It was Chase's car. I was so excited. I was smiling.

I went outside to greet him. He didn't see me. I saw him get out of the car and walk to the passenger side. Who was with him? He held out his hand and helped someone get out. That someone was Tiffany.

Wait what? What the hell was happening?

I finally made it to them and the saw me. "Chase whats going on?" I asked him.