Chapter 19

Abby

Ashley was eager to tell me about San Francisco. I could barley get a word in.

"Come on Abbs! We're in LA! Let's go out clubbing!" She kept insisting on going out.

"I have a lot of studying to do Ash and I have a lot of essays I have to turn in on Monday." I really didn't want to go out.

"Pleaseeeeeeeee" she said giving me her puppy dog eyes. I could never say no to those.

"Fine, lets just not do anything crazy" I insisted. I wasn't a party girl but Ashley sure was.

"Yay!" She cheered. "Let's get ready." She grabbed my hand and pulled me to my room. Of course I didn't have a clubbing outfit but Ashley came prepared.

"Ash I can't wear this" I insisted. It was a simple black dress, but it was way too short for my liking. I never wore things like this, unless Ashley persuaded me to do so. I always felt super uncomfortable when I did.

"Yes you can Abbs! You look wonderful! Pleaseeeeee" she said giving me her puppy dog eyes again. I sighed. Of course she was going to get her way. "Now come on, let's go before Chase gets home. He's always a buzzkill." She said.

I felt bad for not telling Chase. I knew he would get upset. We Ubered to the club. Ashley knew the owner so he would let us in. The first thing she did was head to the bar. She grabbed us a couple of shots of vodka.

I never really liked drinking. I took the shot and Ashley took me out to the dance floor. She was a great dancer, I wasn't. A guy bumped into her and they started dancing together. I didn't mind.

I walked over to the bar and sat on the stool. Then I saw my phone. I had 4 missed calls and a texts message from Chase.

Chase: Abigail where are you guys???!

Chase: why aren't you answering your phone??!!

I sighed. I was never a good liar. In fact I hardly ever lied. Might as well come clean.

Me: Ash and I went out clubbing

Chase:where?

Me: Athens Nightclub

Chase: I'll be there in 10

I didn't respond. I knew he was mad.  Just then I was startled by someone grabbing my waist.

I turned around and saw Caleb. "Caleb! What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He smiled at me " I'm having fun, come on," he grabbed my arms and pulled me to the dance floor. I could tell he was a bit drunk. "I'm so happy to see you Abby bear! You've been ignoring me." He pouted.

Ever since I started going out with Chase I have been ignoring Caleb. It wasn't intentional but I did feel bad for doing so. "I'm sorry Caleb! I'm here now!" I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

We were dancing for a bit, then he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. He whispered in my ear "I really like you Abby bear" he said.

"I like you too Caleb! Your a great friend!" I smiled at him.

"No, Abby I like you." He responded with a frown. Then he grabbed my face and he kissed me. I immediately pushed him off.

"Caleb you're drunk. You should go home." I said looking at him.

"No Abby I like you." He said and he pulled me into a kiss again. I pushed him away again and then felt someone jump in front of me. It was Chase. Oh shit.

Chase was about to launch a punch but I stopped him. "Chase he's drunk. He didn't mean to." I told him. He just glared at me.

Ashley showed up out of nowhere. "Abbs! There you are." She was definitely drunk. "Aww damn it. who invited Chase. He's always a party pooper!" She slurred.

Chase grabbed Ashley's arm and my arm and pulled us towards the exit. I didn't even get to say goodbye to Caleb. I knew he was drunk and didn't mean any harm.

Chase took us to his car. He put Ashley in the backseat and she immediately fell asleep. I got into the front seat.

"Chase" he cut me off.

"Don't. I don't want to talk to you right now" was all he said.

I remained quiet. He was mad. He was furious. It wasn't my fault tho. Caleb kisses me. I immediately pushed him away.

We drove home in silence. When we got to his apartment he carried Ashley upstairs. We walked inside and he headed towards my room. He put Ashley on the bed and he walked towards the door. "Chase" i whispered.

He stopped at the door, he had his back to me "We'll talk later" he said and walked out the door.

I sat on the edge of the bed. I sighed. Why are relationships so complicating? It was just a misunderstanding. I couldn't leave things like this. I decided to go to Chase's room. I was at his door and I knocked.

Chase opened the door. He was in his boxers. I got distracted for a second, then I came back to reality. He raised his eyebrow as if waiting for me to say something.

"Can I come in?" I whispered. He opened the door and I walked inside. I sat in the edge of his bed. He sat down next to me. "Chase I'm sorry Caleb kissed me. I didn't want him to. As soon as he did I pushed him away." I said looking into his eyes.

"I'm not mad at you for what he did. I did want to kick his ass when I saw him kiss you. But I'm not mad at you for that." He sighed. "I'm mad at you because you didn't tell me you were going out. Do you have any idea how worried I was about you Abby? I was scared something happened to you." He said as cupped my cheek.

I looked down. " I'm sorry Chase. Ashley didn't want you to know. I know I should of told you. I just feel bad for not telling he her about us. I feel like I'm lying to her."

He picked up my face with his finger. I looked at him. "I know Abigail. Well tell them soon. I just like things how they are. I don't want this dream to end. We can tell them right away if you want to." He immediately said.

"I know Chase. Things have been great, and no you're right. I don't want people to know just yet." It's not like people would believe me anyways. "I'm sorry for making you worry." I said giving him a kiss on his cheek. I felt him smile. I looked up at him.

He gave me a wicked smile. "I can think of a way you can make it up to me" he said.

"Really and what might that be?" I asked him smiling.

"Oh I don't know" he started planting he kissed on my neck. "Any thoughts?" He said as he trailed kissed down to my breasts. Golly that felt good.

"None what so ever" I responded.

"Hmm, really?" He said raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah I'm completely out of ideas right now" I said smiling at him.

"Really now?" I laid on my back and he hovered over me. I shook my head smiling at him. "Did I mention how sexy you looked in your dress tonight?" I immediately blushed.

Of course he had this effect on me. "No you didn't. Did I mention how sexy you look in your boxers?" I can't believe I just said that.

He smirked at me "really now?" He kissed my mouth. Oh god how I loved kissing him. I moaned and he took off my dress.

The rest of the night was spent in utter bliss.