Chapter 4

Abby

I walked into my last class and I was a bit fidgety. Ok that was a lie. I was a complete mess. Chase was going to give me a ride home. I still couldn't believe it.

I found an empty seat in the back of the class. I always liked to sit in the back. The least I could be noticed, the better. I was 15 min early, so there wasn't many people there.

Just then I felt someone pull the chair out next to me. I looked up and it was Caleb. "Hey you're that girl I met at the cafe. I'm Caleb." He said with a bright smile as he sat down.

I'm pretty sure I turned red, I looked at him and just said, "uh yeah, I'm Abby". Then I looked away. I don't really engage into conversations with strangers.

"Hey don't blush, I know I'm hot. You don't have to be embarrassed." He did not just say that. Wow. Cocky much? I didn't know how to respond to that. I turned a brighter shade of red and gave him and awkward smile and pretended to be busy with my phone.

"You don't talk much do you?" He said.

I looked up at him " No I don't" was all I said.

"That's ok, we can still be bio buddies." He said smiling at me. I looked at him for a second. He was very handsome. He had dark hair, brown eyes, you could tell he worked out, he had a very nice physique. So my question was, why in the world was he talking to me?

"Umm ok." Was all I responded. He chuckled at my comment. Then the teacher walked in and class started.

I was half way thru class when I heard my phone vibrate. It was Chase.

Chase: What class room are you in?

Me: room 208, science building

Chase: ok see you soon Abigail

I got goosebumps. He was really going to pick me up. I got distracted for the rest of my class. I just couldn't pay attention. The thought of being with Chase made me a nervous wreck.

Class finished and I got my things together. I started walking out of class when I heard, " hey wait for me bio buddy" I turned and saw Caleb.

"Did you need something?" I asked him? I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, but I thought it was weird.

"Yes actually. By any chance are you interested in working at the cafe? We are hiring and I feel we would make great co workers" he said smiling at me.

Was this really happening? I really needed a job and Caleb was offering one.

"Are you serious Caleb?"

"Definitely, my manager asked me to ask around."

"Why me tho?" I asked.

"Because you seem like a nice person, my last coworker was a total bitch and never did anything. You however seem like you would make a good coworker" he said flashing me another smile.

Oh my, this guy was something no else

"omg, yeah Caleb. Thanks. When can I come in for an interview?"

"I'll ask my manager and I'll text you. Can I have your number?" He said as we walked out of the classroom.

"Uh yeah sure." He gave me his phone and I typed in my number. He immediately called me.

"There now you have my number too." I was about to answer when I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and I saw Chase. He was glaring at Caleb.

"Hey Abigail are you ready to go?" He said pulling me to his side. Well that was strange.

"Yeah just give me sec." I said turning towards Caleb.

"Its cool, I have to go anyways. I'll text you the details. See you later Abby" He said as he walked away.

"Bye Caleb" I said. I turned towards Chase.

"Who was that asshole?" Chase murmured.

"He isn't an asshole. You don't even know him Chase. He's actually nice, unlike some people I know." I said.

"Yeah well I don't like him. Why is he going to text you?" He stated.

"Well you don't have to and it's really none of your business." I said.

"My mom and Ashley said to keep an eye on you and that's what I'm doing."

I just rolled my eyes at him " he's helping me get a job at the cafe down the street. Happy now?" I said staring to walk out of the building.

"I'm just looking out for you." He mumbled.

We walked to his car. Of course he had a brand new Tesla. I went inside the car. "So where do you live?"

I gave him the address and he started to drive. We drove in awkward silence. I wasn't much of a conversation starter.

We pulled up to me building and he just stared at it. "This is where you live?" He asked.

"Yes I do, is there a problem?" I asked him rolling my eyes.

"No, well yes. Just look at the building and this isn't exactly a safe area." He said looking into my eyes.

I quickly looked down "yeah well it's what I can afford, so here I am."

"Why don't you let my parents help you, you know they would be happy to..." I cut him off.

"I'm not taking any handouts Chase, your family has helped me out a lot. I'm fine here ok. Please just drop it" I said.

He just sighed "fine, but I'm going to start giving you a ride from now on."

"Um, no, you are not."

"Yes I am." He stated

"We probably don't even have the same schedules and I have early classes at times and..." now he cut me off.

"I took a look at your schedule, don't worry we pretty much have the same time schedule." He said handing me a piece of paper. Well I'll be damned, that was my schedule.

"How did you..." I was about to ask.

"I grabbed it when I saw you at lunch." I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Honestly Chase it's fine, I'm perfectly capable of..." he cut me off again.

"I'm giving you a ride and that's final." He stated.

I just sighed "ok thanks Chase" I said walking out of his car.

"Ok I'm leaving, unless you'd like to invite me up." He said smirking at me. Wait, was he flirting with me? No definitely not. Must me my imagination.

"No definitely not."

"Yeah I thought so, so I'll pick you up tomorrow at 8? You have a 9 am class right?" He asked.

"Yeah I do. Bye Chase." I said closing the door.

"Bye Abigail." He said as he drove off.

I walked upstairs. Did that really just happen?

Forgetting Chase was going to be harder than I thought, especially if I'm going to see him everyday.