26

After the doctors took out our daughter, they took her to the NICU. I was needed to be pieced back together then I had to go to recovery for an hour or two.

I was now in my new patient room. They must've upgraded me once they saw Harry.

"Quinn, hey your out of recovery" Harry says walking into my room.

"Yea I just got brought to here" I shrug. "How is she? Is she healthy?" I ask.

"She is perfect. The nurses in the NICU said she was going to be just fine, she is just going to need some more oxygen for the day and she has some jaundice which is normal for premature babies." Harry says sitting at the end of my bed.

"She's going to be ok?" I smile and Harry nods. "I would lean over and give you a kiss but my incisions would break" I laugh.

"I'll help you then" Harry gets up and leans over me and gives me a kiss.

"I can't wait to see her" I smile.

"When can you?" Harry asked.

"The doctor said I should take a nap and then take a shower before I see her, but I just want to see her so badly"

"How about you take a shower, then we can go see our girl, then you come back here and get some sleep because we won't be getting some soon" Harry chuckles.

"Ok, but can you go ask the nurse first just to be sure?" I ask.

"For you, yes" Harry got up and left the room.

He and the nurse returned together.

"Ms. Monroe I'll be your nurse for the rest of the day. Once you take a shower make sure to take it slow, you just had a surgery and once you are done you can put this on," she hands me another hospital gown, my most favorite outfit ever (note the sarcasm). "After you and Harry can go to the NICU, but I suggest you using this" she said gesturing to the wheelchair.

"Ok thank you" I say smiling.

"Your welcome dear, do you need any assistance for your shower?" The nurse asked.

"I think I should be fine" I shrug.

"Ok well if you need help just ask and I'm here" I nod, as she turns back around and leaves the room.

"H-Harry can you help me out of bed?" I ask

"Of course" he walks over and holds my hands while I flip my feet to hang over the bed. I take a step off the beds putting full force on my feet, my legs almost give out but Harry stabilized me.

"Maybe I'm not as strong as I thought" I shrug.

"Your the strongest woman.. no person I know"  I smile. "Ok you can do this, we'll take it on step at a time" I nod.

I take a step, it feels so strange and weird. I was once super independent and now I need help walking.

"Quinn you're doing great" Harry is always so optimistic, I feel like I'm the grinch around him because I just can't always see the good in a situation.

"Harry, I need help walking, this isn't great it's humiliating" I roll my eyes, taking another step.

"This is only temporary, your body isn't even a full day of recovery.. you were just cut open and you have to heal"

"Your right.." I sigh, "I just don't like being dependent on others" Harry rolls his eyes at me.

"You're stubborn woman" Harry laughs, woman that was a good song, lalalalala. "Did you just hum, my song?"

"Ummmm.. yes," Harry smiles, "it's a good song" Harry laughs.

"I'm glad you like it" Harry says as we get into the bathroom.

The bathroom, was more like a wet room, there was a toilet, sink, and a shower in the corner.

"Do you want me to stay and help you?" Harry asked.

"Harry, are you looking at the same rom as I am, there isn't a shower curtain.. so you'd see.. me.." I expressed.

"It's not like I haven't seen your body before"

"Yes but now I'm not in the best looking state" I sigh.

"Quinn," Harry pushes a piece of my hair behind my ear, "you're gorgeous even more now that you just had our daughter because it shows how strong you are.. now stop being stubborn and let me help you so you can see our girl sooner"

"Ok, but only because I want to see her" I give in.

Harry and I get to the shower. Harry unties my hospital gown. I take it off hesitantly but when I do I feel more disgusting than I ever have in my body. There was some dry blood where my incision was. There wasn't a lot just enough to make me grossed out.

"See you look beautiful" Harry says taking off his jeans.

"First of all don't look at me and second why are you undressing.. this isn't an invitation to come.."

"God Quinn, no you just gave birth and I don't want my clothes to get wet" Harry explains, ughhhhhhh I'm an idiot.

"Oh s-sorry" I stutter and Harry laughs.

"Your fine, now let's get this over with." Harry says. He is now only in his boxers. I feel like normally I would've looked over at his abs, but currently I'm to concerned on how gross I look.

Harry turns the shower on, the water was hot but not too hot. Once I stepped in the dry blood ran down my legs and vanished.

"I'm disgusting there's blood" I sigh.

"We all have blood" I roll my eyes.

"Yes but mine is dry blood that is now running down my legs"

"You're fine, here use this" he hands me a bath sponge, "don't press to hard just lightly" I nod.

I clean up all the dry blood which makes me feel better.

"Do you want me to put shampoo in your hair" Harry asks and I nod.

Harry puts some of the hospital's shampoo in my hair. Once it's rinsed out Harry does the same with the conditioner.

"Only but the conditioner on-"

"The bottom, I know I had long hair once" I chuckle lightly.

After we finished washing my hair, I turned of the shower. Harry handed me the white towel that was in the room. I dry myself off with the towel.

"Here" Harry hands me the hospital gown and under garments. I put on the hospital gown first to cover myself.

"Thanks, but not to seem weird but can you help me.. I can't bend over without popping my incision" I say.

"Of course" Harry bends down and helps me put on the hospital given underwear and then ties the hospital gown.

Harry then got dressed back into his black jeans and t-shirt he wore earlier. I then dried my hair with the assistance of Harry.

We went back into my room and Harry handed me a bag.

"Your mum is here, also.. but she went to go get something to eat, you were in recovery and she gave me this to give to you." I nod.

"She must've went to my apartment and made me a bag, she probably didn't find much for me considering I brought all my important stuff to yours" I grab a robe in the bag and put it on, "thank goodness I have like three robes and left one there" I laugh a bit.

"Here I help put your socks on" I nod. Harry but on the grey fuzzy socks then I put on my Birkenstock's for my shoes. Harry brought over the wheelchair and I slowly got myself seated in it.

"Are you sure you can push me?" I ask I know he's strong but I'm still heavy.

"Quinn, muscles remember.. plus even with the baby weight you probably weigh 140 at most" I roll my eyes.

"Whatever.. now let's go see our girl" Harry laughs a bit then starts to wheel me off to see our daughter.