The Drill

we had only just left the pathway and finished our journey to ba sing se when aang swooped down.

'aang, what are you doing here? i thought you were looking for appa?' asked katara, astonished.

'i was, but something stopped me. something big.'

'now what's so big that appa has to wait?' wondered sokka as aang and toph earth bended us to the top of the wall.

'that.' said aang, pointing to a giant iron drill with a fire nation insignia plastered onto it.

'we made it to ba sing se, and we're still not safe. no one is.' ting despaired

'what are you people doing here?' asked an earth bender guard from behind us, causing us to turn around, 'civilians aren't allowed on the wall.'

'i'm the avatar. take me to whoever's in charge.' said aang, determined.

they brought us to another part of the wall where the general was.

'it is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall young avatar, but your help is not needed.' said the general

'not needed?'

he grinned smugly, 'not needed. i have the situation under control. i assure you the fire nation cannot penetrate this wall. many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded.'

he rose as he spoke, leading us to the edge of the wall.

'what about the dragon of the west? he got in.' asked toph

'well... uh... technically yes. but he was quickly expunged.' the general replied, flustered - but then more confidently, 'nevertheless, that is why the city is named ba sing se. it's the impenetrable city. they don't call it na sing se. that means penetrable city.'

'yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem.' said toph.

the general paced back and forth, 'not for long. to stop it, i've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the terra team.'

'that's a good group name, very catchy.' smiled sokka, lost in thought

we watched as the terra team absoloutely failed their mission.

they all seemed to drop to the floor, one after the other.

and there were only two ways to do that : chi blocking, or strong bending (and i hadn't seen any of the elements used during that fight)

'we're doomed!' cried the general, flailing his arms around in panic

sokka slapped him in the face, 'get a hold of yourself man!'

'you're right, i'm sorry.'

'maybe you'd like the avatar's help now?' said toph.

'yes, please.'

'the question is, how are we gonna stop that thing?' asked aang

we all stared at sokka

'why are you all looking at me?' he asked, perplexed

'you're the idea guy.' aang decided

'so im the only one who can ever come up with a plan? that's a lot of pressure.'

'and also the complaining guy.' i smiled

'that part i don't mind.'

we made our way into the infirmary to talk to the "terra team"

'what's wrong with him? he doesn't look injured.' said the general

me and katara sat by the man : katara healing his left arm and me healing the other.