Lee?

they dragged me to a room, making sure to keep my hands and legs in the rocks.

i screamed and kicked, trying to blow them back with air bending but i was took drained from the previous fight, they blocked my weak blows with ease.

fuuuucckkk

the dai li soldiers forced me into a chair and turned my head toward a man.

long feng.

'let me GO!' i cried, trying to get out.

i noticed that a candle had started making its way round the room in a circle. it was so transfixing.

'you're safe now.' said one of the agents.

i thrashed around, pulling at my chains but my gaze stayed on the light.

'there is no war in ba sing se.' said long feng, forcing me to listen.

'there is no war within the walls. here we are safe. here we are free.'

there is no war in ba sing se.

we are safe.

(a/n please guyd istg nothing else happened and u guys r ((safe)))

---

i walked around the streets of ba sing se dazed and tired. i couldn't figure out where i was and was beginning to get scared.

the house was no where in sight and i don't know where i had come from so i couldn't retrace my steps.

next thing i knew i was beside a tea shop. this wasn't the house but maybe i could ask someone for directions and have a calming cup of tea.

i quickly found a seat and waited to be served.

'hello, welcome to the jasmine dragon. can i take your-' the waiter suddenly stopped and stared at me.

'y/n?'

how did he know my name? i had never met him before.

'i'm sorry but do i know you?' i replied confused.

the boy looked at me, he had a scar that stretched across his left eye. 'you- you don't recognise me!?' he stared at me.

'i guess you seem familiar but i don't remember your name.'

he stared at me for a few seconds longer then suddenly blurted 'oh um i'm lee, we met um travelling.'

he did seem vaguely familiar.

'uh anyway, what would you like to order?'

lee brought me my tea. he said his shift was just about over and so he sat in the booth with me.

we talked and talked. i found out that we both liked jasmine tea and that lee was in ba sing she with his uncle.

lee was talking about his uncle when a man suddenly emerged from behind the counter. 'nephew, what are you doing? there are customers waiting!'

he spotted us and his face went pale. cautiously he approached us. 'um hello y/n, we can explain everything-' lee gave him a look that made him stop talking. that was strange.

'y/n, this is my uncle mushy. he was also with me when we were travelling.' lee gave his uncle a sharp nudge.

'oh uh yes yes, remember me! crazy uncle mushy haha.' he seemed nervous and i couldn't understand why. 'i must be going, the tea is brewing.'

he scurried away into the back room.

i looked at lee 'well he seems nice.'

he chuckled, sounding relieved 'yeah he's strange, my uncle mushy.' he looked at me and offered his hand. 'would you uh- would you like to accompany me on a late night walk?' lee blushed.

i took his hand feeling my cheeks get hot, 'i would love to.'

---

lee led me around the winding streets.

'where are we going' i queried, letting him lead me further and further up a hill.

'that's a surprise' he said, turning back to me and smirking. his smile was lovely.

he brought me up to an old train station, which was completely empty, and we sat down on a bench.

'now what was it you wanted to show me?' i asked.

he led me to the windows and we looked out over the city. it looked magical.

i leant my head on his shoulder and whispered (more to myself than him) 'its so pretty'

i could feel him laughing and looked up at him, 'what is it?'

lee stared into my eyes and said, 'nothing, i just never expected this to happen.'

we sat there, watching the sleeping city below. i felt infinite.

then, i got an idea.

i stepped back and bowed, my hand outstretched, 'sir lee, may i have this dance?'

he was confused at first but smiled, 'of course maam'

i beamed as he took my hand.

he brought me back up and held my hands in his, letting the lights guide us around the station.

we twirled around the room, dancing to a song that wasn't playing.

it was like i was floating - which to be fair i probably was - i just couldn't describe it any other way.

we danced and danced, the world disappeared and we were the only ones left as we held each other tight.

i spun around the room with him as his smile illuminated the lights around us.

the world gradually reappeared around us and our dance came to an end. i hung my arms around his shoulders and he pressed his to my waist. we were both breathless.

i looked up into his eyes and right there and then, he leaned in and kissed me, lifting me up and clinging to me tight.

i didnt want the moment to end.

but then we heard a mans voice shouting at us.

'YOU DARN KIDS GET OUT OF MY STATION'

we beamed at each other and sprinted out of the station and down the road.

i stopped by a house and beckoned him onto the roof, helping him up with airbending.

we sat there and laughed for a while, me in his arms as we looked over the city once again.

'you're so warm' i sighed, huddling closer to him.

i felt his hands heat up a bit more in response.

'sorry' he said and i could feel him blushing.

'no, don't be'

---

we stayed on the roof for what seemed like hours, then made our way back to the tea shop. mushy was waiting by the entrance.

'you two nearly gave me a heart attack, i was worried you'd got lost.'

'sorry uncle. we uh-' lee looked at me and grinned, 'lost track of time.'

mushy gave me a knowing look. 'well you're here now, would you like to stay the night y/n? i don't want you walking back in the dark.'

'it's ok mushy, but thanks for the offer anyway!'

lee and i said our farewells, and i set off back to the house replaying the night over again and again savouring every moment.

i sprinted up to our house and opened the door widely, seeing all my friends inside.

'WHERE WERE YOU' they shouted, running up to me and smothering me with hugs 'WE MISSED YOU'

i laughed and hugged them back, 'i was- with an old friend'