The Crystal Catacombs

'so, what kind of trouble is katara in?' asked sokka, sitting next to me and aang on appas head.

'i don't know. in my vision, i just knew she needed help.' aang replied.

'it would be nice if your avatar powers could be just a little more specific from time to time.' said sokka

suddenly, a rumbling noise came from the ground.

'what is that?!' i asked, looking down at the dust cloud that seemed to be travelling along a road.

we descended next to it and saw it was toph.

'need a ride?' asked sokka, completely throwing her off guard.

she fell back into the ground.

'oh shit' i said, gliding down and pulling her onto appa.

'get off me old lady!' she said as i dropped her down.

i rolled my eyes and sat back down by sokka and we flew over the outer wall.

'so how did it go with the guru? did you master the avatar state?' asked toph

aang kind of spaced out, his eyes glazing

'aang, are you ok?' wondered sokka

'i'm great. it went great with the guru. i completely mastered the avatar state. heh heh...heh. yeah.'

---

once we arrived in the throne room we asked the king if he'd seen katara, and whether she was okay.

'katara's fine. you have nothing to worry about.' he responded

'but, in my vision. i felt so sure that she was in trouble.' said aang, still visibly worried

'well, she met with the council of generals to plan the invasion. and since then she's been off with your friends, the kyoshi warriors.' said the king

'see aang?' said sokka, 'she's with suki. they're probably back at our apartment right now, talking about makeup or something.'

i winced, thinking how disappointed aang would be if they weren't.

'ok, maybe you're right.' he said, calming a bit

'believe me, if there was any danger at all, bosco's animal instinct would sense it.' the king smiled, motioning towards the bear.

but bosco didn't exactly look like the kind of bear with "animal instincts".

nevertheless, we made out way to our house.

the wall that toph had knocked down was only just being reconstructed and momo ran up to us, chittering excitedly.

but katara was nowhere to be seen.

'there's no one else here.' said toph

'katara is in trouble! i knew it!' aang realised.

'oh no.' sokka muttered

'wait, someone's at the door.' said toph, just as someone knocked on it, 'actually, i know who it is. it's an old friend of mine.'

she walked over to the door, sliding it open to reveal iroh standing in the doorway.

'glad to see you're okay.'

'i need your help.' he said

aang and sokka panicked.

'you guys know each other!' shouted aang, really confused.

'i met him in the woods once and knocked him down. then he gave me tea and very good advice.'

'may i come in?' asked iroh and toph nodded, 'princess azula is here in ba sing se.'