Sabotage

'c'mon brace, budge!' grunted sokka, pushing the beam.

'this is bad, really bad.' said katara.

'we're putting everything we've got into busting these braces, but it's taking too long!' sokka said

'maybe we don't need to cut all the way through. toph has been teaching me that you shouldn't give 100% of your energy into any one strike.' said aang, now inspired and demonstrating his theory to us, 'sokka, take a fighting stance. you've gotta be quick and accurate. hit a series of points, and break your opponent's stance. and when he's reeling back, you deliver the final blow. his own weight becomes his downfall. literally.'

'so we just need to weaken the braces, instead of cutting all the way through!' said katara.

'then i'll go to the top of this thing, and deliver the final blow.' aang decided.

sokka smiled hopefully, 'and boom, it all comes crashing down!'

'everyone inside that wall, the whole world, is counting on us.' said aang, pretending he was giving a big speech or something.

'the whole world, minus the fire nation that is.' said sokka

i watched and thought as katara and aang took down another beam.

'uh aang' i said, getting his attention.

'what is it, im kinda busy?'

'sorry, i thought i could help a bit' he looked at me quizzically before turning back to the beam, 'i could probably weaken the metal - making it easier for you guys to cut?'

sokka looked at me, 'how?'

i created one of the storm bending clouds in my palms and spoke,

'katara, aang, please step back - i dont wanna hurt you'

they stopped and stepped back wards.

as the elements it contained crackled in my palm, i pushed it onto the metal. focusing all i could on keeping it from withering away, i watched steam rise from the pole.

i took it away, 'try it now.'

they did and the water glided straight through it.

'that's enough, we need to get to the next one!' shouted aang, running to another, 'y/n, can you do that again'

i smiled and nodded, sprinting to the other too.

i did the cloud thing again and katara and aang only got a bit through it before sokka yelled,

'good work team avatar. now aang just needs to... DUCK!'

blue fire flew past his head.

azula.

'wow azula, you were right, it is the avatar! ...and friends.' said ty lee, looking and waving at sokka.

katara grabbed him and pulled him out the door and down the corridors, pursued by the three girls.

'guys get out of here, i know what i need to do.' called aang.

'wait!' shouted katara, stopping him and throwing he pouch in his direction, 'you need this water more than i do!'

we sprinted down the corridor until we reached a dead end.

and our only escape was through a hatch.

we opened it and it was a slurry pipeline - rock and water mixed together.

we jumped in and i created an air sphere around me, protecting me from the slurry and propelling me out.

'you guys okay?' i asked once they were out.

both katara and sokka were covered in slurry, but stood up quickly, wiping it off themselves.

then, ty lee emerged from he pipe and katara water bended her back in

'why don't you try blocking my chi now circus freak!'

'name calling?' i said, raising my brows, 'a bit unnecessary don't you think?'

she flicked me back and i landed in the slurry

'i will never understand why you sympathise with these people'

'katara, keep that up. the pressure will build up in the drill, then when aang delivers the final blow, it will be ready to pop!' said sokka, excitedly.

i air bended the slurry off my clothes and watched as katara kept ty lee in the pipe.

'good technique little sister! keep it up! don't forget to breathe!'

'you know, i am just about sick and tired of you telling me what to do all day. you're like a chattering hog-monkey!' said katara, crossly.

'JUST BEND THE SLURRY WOMAN'

katara bended a rush of slurry at sokka and he fell down into it.

'you guys need some help?' asked toph, walking out form under the drill

'toph, help me plug up this drain!' said katara.

toph pushed the slurry all the way back into the shoot, taking ty lee with it.

and around a minute later i fell down, feeling as if id been hit into a wall.

'y/n!' cried sokka, rushing over to me.

'i-im fine i just' i began, until it felt like id been hit again, 'need a second'

i shook my head, trying to take my mind off the pain.

i looked over at the drill, hoping that aang was okay.

and he was - but not for long.

he was running up the wall and azula was near him.

i gently pushed sokka away and gathered my thoughts, forgetting my pain.

'ill be back in a minute' i said, jumping onto my glider and flying onto the drill.

aang was near the top and azula had just noticed what he was doing.

i clicked my glider back in and sent a wave of air at azula with it.

'i never knew you could fight' she smirked, sending a wall of fire my way, which i blocked.

'and i always knew that you were just a spoiled princess'

i sent a punch of air at her, which hit her hair out of place.

she laughed, 'i like you'

i sent a kick of air at her and knocked her down - just as aang kicked the rock into the drill and broke it : sending slurry everywhere.

i clicked my glider out and jumped into the air before i was hit, making my way to the pillar that toph and the others were standing on.

---

later on we went to the wall, looking out over the trains.

'i just want to say, good effort out there today team avatar.' grinned sokka

katara was slightly annoyed, 'enough with the team avatar stuff. no matter how many times you say it, it's not gonna catch on.'

'how about... the "boomerAang squad!", see it's good cause it's got "aang" in it.'

'i kinda like that one.'smiled aang

'let's talk about this on our way into the city.' sighed katara

'the "aang gang"?'

'sokka.'

'the "fearsome fivesome"?'

'you're crazy.' said toph

'why? we're fearsome!'

i held his hand and dragged him forward, 'what about the gaang? its short and its got aangs name?'

he smiled, 'yeah i could work with that.'