Bittersweet News

They didn't, um, do the deed, okay guys. I don't want to write that. Maybe not yet. Maybe not ever, but yeah. Noah's still a minor and I don't want to overly sexualize him, even though he's 18 in this book.

I woke up to a few vigorous knocks at the door. I looked to see where I was.

It was 4:00 P.M. My arms were around Noah's bare chest and he was gently snoring against me.

"Shit, Amy must be here," I muttered.

I slipped my jacket on and shook Noah awake.

"Sorry babe. Amy's here; you have to get up."

He groaned and put his shirt and jacket on.

I quickly did my hair and I heard Amy knock even more.

"Noah, can you get that?" I asked, as I tied a ponytail in the mirror.

"Yeah, sure."

I looked at my face in the mirror. I looked sleepy, but not like I was literally 3 steps away from getting fucked.

I looked at my neck.

Aaah. Y/N has a hickey.

"Damn it," I whispered, quickly shuffling through the drawers for concealer.

"I'm here!" I heard Amy obnoxiously yell.

I quickly took the tube and put it on the reddish-purplish mark on my neck. It still faintly showed, but it wasn't that obvious. I covered it with some of my hair.

I stepped out of the bathroom.

"How was your little tour, Amy?"I asked her as I sat on the bed.

"Oh, fine. I ran into a cute girl at the Starbucks I went to. She kept staring at me from the counter. She then walked by me and gave me her number. Perfect one night stand material, am I right?" she asked.

"How would I know? I'm a virgin," I said quickly, tracing my neck gently.

"Uh, okay then. Just a general thing. Anyways, I rejected her."

"Why?" Noah asked.

He was lowks into Amy's stupid stories though. He's always listening to her ramble about her sad sad life.

"Well, last time I wanted to hook up with a barista, things went south. He ended up thinking I was trying to date him and wouldn't stop calling me. This isn't Bitlife, dipshit."

I shook my head. "Good to know, Amy."

"Anyways, I have some good news," Noah said.

I looked at him. "What is it?"

He looked at me, smiling ear to ear.

"I'm going to start shooting another season of Stranger Things."

As a Stranger Things fan, I was so happy. But as Noah's girlfriend, I was upset. We were planning on going to college together and being together. But, I feel like this may come between us.

"I'm so happy for you!" I lied.

I couldn't be selfish. Noah is the most supportive boyfriend. I had to at least let him do what makes him happy: act.

"So, will you still be coming to college?" I asked.

"I think so. Most of the season has been shot, but since the production took a break, we have around 4 more episodes to shoot. Then, we have to do the VFX, sound mastering, and stuff. So I'll probably come to college every Thursday and Friday. The rest of the days, I'll be shooting. It should end by November or so."

Let's pretend shooting is in California this season.

"That's great Noah."

At least he'll be shooting somewhere nearby.

His phone started to ring.

"One sec. It's the Duffers. I'll be back."

He left the room and went outside.

Amy looked at me.

"What's wrong, Y/N?"

"I don't know. I'm actually really happy for him, but he'll be gone most of the time. I thought we'd have time together."

"At least he's coming . Some people don't even get those two days."

Noah came back inside. He looked kind of beat.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The article is causing problems. I have to address the issue."

I nodded. "You should tell people that we're dating. I have to tell my Mom. This has gone too far."

He smiled. "Really? You sure."

I nodded. "They do say it makes you crazy."

Any ST fans get that reference??

He laughed and leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you."

I giggled. "I love you too."

"Wait wait wait. Y'all are at the love phase now? What happened when I was gone? See, this is why you need me."

I laughed and shook my head.

He got another phone call.

"I'll be back."

I looked at him as he went out.

I heard Amy snort behind me.

"What?" I asked.

"Is that a hickey on your neck?"