Going Public

Once we got back to Noah's, I felt my brain explode in nervousness. Noah and I were going public about our relationship. 

We had agreed on this at our date, but I feel much more scared now.

"I'm gonna call my mom now, Noah."

He nodded, rubbing my shoulders.

"What we're doing is brave, Y/N. Even if your mom doesn't like the idea of you dating me, she still loves you. That matters."

I smiled. "Okay."

I walked inside the room, closing the door.

I picked my phone up and stared at it for a few seconds.

"You can do this, Y/N. She's your mom. You don't have to this scared," I muttered to myself.

I went to my recents and found her.

Buzz. Buzz.

"Hello?" I heard her voice call.

"Hey Mom. It's me."

"Oh, hey, Y/N. How's it going? Are you coming home soon?"

"Mom, I have something important to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I'm dating someone and right now, I'm in New York with them."

I heard her inhale sharply. "What the hell, Y/N? What are you thinking? Just because you're 18 now doesn't make it okay for you to travel (insert #) miles from home. And you know very well that I don't want you to have a boyfriend yet."

I rolled my eyes. "You need to give me space. You said it yourself. I'm 18. I can get a tattoo. I can vote. I can literally almost do whatever I want!"

"Y/N, this behavior is not okay."

"No Mom. What you're doing is not okay. You're giving me no goddamn space and I'm actually done. I had to sneak out because of how many limits you've set for me. So here are the facts. I'm dating Noah Schnapp and I'm the happiest girl in the world when I'm with him. I'm going to continue dating him in college. He's coming to Stanford with me. And guess what. I'm smart enough to balance my studies and an actual social life."

"Fine. Date him. Do what you want. But, the day he breaks your heart, you'll have no choice but to come running to me."

"He's not a bad person, Mom. He completes me and I love him."

"I'll always love you, Y/N. But I'm not going to support this decision."

"Fine."

The call cut.

That was brief and not at all as brutal as it would've been if I did this. My mom would've sent me to hell and brought me back with a belt.

I wiped a small stream of tears running down my left cheek.

I tried to make it seem as if I didn't cry. I got mos of the reddish pigment off of my face and walked over to Amy's room.

She and Noah were waiting for me there.

"How'd it go, Y/N?" Amy asked, snacking on an apple.

I tried to explain what happened as best as I could, but I ended up sobbing.

Noah pulled me into his arms, trying to comfort me.

"I don't want to damage your relationship with your mom, Y/N," Noah said, guilt in his voice.

"It isn't your fault that she's such a hypocrite."

"Prima, I love you, but I think Aunt Y/M/N was right on some aspects."

I wiped my face with my sleeve. "I'm not saying she was completely wrong. I just wish she'd try to connect with me."

"And that's fine, but you need to put yourself in her shoes."

I nodded. 

"I should apologize."

Noah smiled warmly. 

"I love you so much, princess"

I hugged him tightly. 

"I love you too."

He pulled out his phone. 

"I'm going to tell my fans now."

I nodded. 

If you're wondering who the angel that I'm kissing is, it's @y/u/n, also known as Y/N L/N

If you're wondering who the angel that I'm kissing is, it's @y/u/n, also known as Y/N L/N. She's the best thing that ever happened to me. i love her so much. From late night snacks to cuddling and watching Netflix, she has been the best girlfriend that I've ever had. I don't care if you don't like it, because her presence is stronger to me than all the negativity in the world.

y/u/n: I love you too.

y/s/n_4_life: yass bitchess

aMySaNtOs: my otp

nillie_edits: hey. i'm just a small edit maker and it'd mean a lot if you checked out my account. i follow for follow.

(Just me popping in. I hate self promo, but where do you not see it?)

poopsatan69: ummm what

uncle_jezzy✔️: we stan

noahschnappismyhusband: noo back off

karenno11: noah is happy finally

annaschnapp: noahhhhhhhhh noooooo come back to me

avani✔️: babes

milliebobbybrown✔️: yass schnipper

Liked by milliebobbybrown, addisonraee, and 1,789,857 others

I smiled at Noah. 

"See. More love than hate," he said.