1. Amethyst 1. Inception | CRIMSON

Title of the Book: Amethyst 1. Inception
Author: booklored
Reviewer: loverich_WP
Pages Read: 4
Score: 9/10

Cover/Synopsis:

Overall, the cover matches the title of the story. Although, it could use a bit more contrast on the title, so it pops out more. The title needs to be the highlight of your book cover, and not everything else in the background.

The synopsis is good, but it felt like reading the entire story already. It could use a little bit more "secrecy". It hooked me, but it gave away too much. There are points that you can remove from the synopsis, and let your readers discover them as they read your work. Ex. That time when Ezekiel's power comes out can be the first "bomb" that you drop inside your storyline, etc.

Technicalities:

NAMES. It is very commendable that you stuck with simple but beautiful names for your characters. As some others like to use that "Knight Dark Phoenix Creed Montgomery" type of names for EACH character, that's not really essential to any story.

HIGHFALUTIN WORDS. I get that using figures of speeches gives off that mystifying feeling when you read, but always keep in mind that there's complexity in simplicity. There are unnecessary flowery words that might cause confusion to younger readers. We don't want them running off to goggle when they're already so immersed in reading your masterpiece.

PLOT. I already felt that fantasy vibe just after reading a few of your chapters. Your genre is clearly seen in the initial plotline. Very nice.

PUNCTUATIONS. Be mindful of the proper use of punctuations. Some commas are missing. Imagine reading this entire review without any comma in between phrases it feels just like this and you run out of breath even if you're just reading with your eyes got the point?

TENSES. Here we go. There were only minimal errors regarding grammar, and my biggest issue are always tenses. It is considered "illegal" to have two or more tenses in an entire chapter. If you’re telling a story in past tense, it has to be in past tense all throughout. Same with present and future. Don't worry, even expert writers get confused with this.  

Message:

Ending this review, I want to tell you how awesome your story is. If I only didn't have anything else to review, I would've read the entire thing. In the coming days, I will. Times will come that you feel like you want to stop writing, I'm telling you that, that's when you should write more. No one can tell your stories but you. Keep writing!