8. So much was never too much | CRIMSON

Title: So Much Was Never Too Much
Author: pillow_secrets9
Reviewed by: loverich_WP
Pages read: 4
Score: 6.5/10

Cover:

-It's mysterious, I'll give it that, but please reduce the glow effect on the text. Also, please choose a different font that would be more fitting to your story. It will also be better if the title was centered, so that your readers' attention will drift towards that.

Description:

-The blurb was clean, but it reveals too much. Please make sure that you're leaving enough for your readers to wonder about the rest of the story. This is where editing would really help you.

Plot:

-After reading a few chapters, the plot was okay and well-thought of. However, it was too slow-paced. If the reader has no patience, he/she might lose that sense of attachment to the story. On a simpler note, it will be better to get rid of filler scenes/chapters and stay loyal to the plot and plot development. I also appreciate that you placed a trigger warning. Thank you for that. Keep in mind that you're dealing with a very sensitive topic, make sure that you don't romanticize it.

Grammar:

-There were several punctuation errors and there were a couple of issues with the tenses, but nothing editing can't fix. Be careful with the subject-verb agreement. They should always be both plural and both singular. Also, note the difference between neither and either, and be mindful of the using did. If you use DID, it should be followed by the base form of the verb.

Words and Names:

I've been telling writers about the use of idioms, metaphors, and highfalutin words. Yes, they are very aesthetically pleasing, but keep in mind that some of your readers may be too young to understand. We don't want to ruin their reading moment by sending them to a trip down google lane, because you used a word they didn't know.

When it comes to names, I always suggest that authors should stick to simple but impactful names. Don't name a character just because. Their names should have a significance to your story, and please, don't use extra-long names. That's just downright confusing.

Message:

I like the topic you've chosen to write a story about. I can't wait to find out what you plan on doing with what you have right now. Take time to revise what needs revision and of course, don't forget to enjoy what you're doing. Remember, you should write for no one else but you. The only person you need to impress is yourself. Don't stop until you're proud! Keep writing! All the love!